Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Pre-Launch Page

tapuknight

Total Posts:  1

You are really rocking… I love this. Can you please suggest me how can i be good at magento. suggest some best place for learning . or make me your apprentice.  grin

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  811

Thanks wink
I think the best way is learning by doing. There are many tutorials for magento developing, or just get some free little extensions from magento connect or any extension shop and try to analyze the code. Make yourself a task for developing an extension and start with the help from the tutorials.
When you have questions during the developing, you can contact me of course.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mapoftassie

Total Posts:  8

Ok thanks, yes I have FTP but I don’t think you can upload whole folders at a time so I would need to replicate the tree within your zip folder in the Cpanel and then upload the corresponding files to Cpanel.  Problem is that there are so many folders in the unzipped file.  On that basis I must admit it seemed too time consuming.

Do you think there’s an easier way?  Also, when you say the Magento root directory, what exactly do you mean by that?  In my Cpanel there’s Public_html>Magento>Magento1.8.0.0>Magento>

Would it be the last Magento in this tree?  I note for example there is a htaaccess file in the last Magento folder and an index.php file.

Many thanks.

Doug

Magento Community
Magento Community

Siggi_Schmitz
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  811

You can upload the complete directorys with FTP, for sure. And i don`t know where you`re magento root directory is, you will find folders like “app”, “includes”, “js” and “lib” there, so you will find it. When you cannot upload complete directorys with CPanel, then you can look for FTP access data, then using a normal FTP-Client (like Filezilla) to connect to the server and upload the content.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mapoftassie

Total Posts:  8

Siggi_Schmitz - 30 October 2013 04:13 AM

You can upload the complete directorys with FTP, for sure. And i don`t know where you`re magento root directory is, you will find folders like “app”, “includes”, “js” and “lib” there, so you will find it. When you cannot upload complete directorys with CPanel, then you can look for FTP access data, then using a normal FTP-Client (like Filezilla) to connect to the server and upload the content.

Thanks Siggi

smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2