Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Layered Navigation In Home Page

dan_w

Total Posts:  290

@Danielc1234: I’m just curious, do you just want a vertical category navigation tree on the left-hand side, or do you want the other layered navigation attributes to show up as well?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

moki

Total Posts:  18

You know what would be ideal…

A vertical collapsible category tree in the left column on every page and layered navigation functions below that tree once the user drills into a specific category.
That’s what I’d like to accomplish, at least.

-moki

Magento Community
Magento Community

Danielc1234

Total Posts:  175
Miami, FL - United States

@ Dan_w I was hoping to get both, but on the home page I really dont need layered. At this point I wouldn’t even mind hard coding the categories and let the layered follow below it.
Any ideas would be great.
I was just looking for something very user friendly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

glaDiator

Total Posts:  65

Ajazza has written a post on layered navigation ........ I think it will help ......... Have a look at the following thread

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5500/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2