Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

New Magento Absolute Theme - FREE!!! 

Elmagico

Total Posts:  44

your missing some blocks.

in admin goto “CMS > Manage pages > Home” on the left side click on the second link, now paste the below code in “Layout Update XML”

<reference name="content">
<
block type="catalog/product_new" name="home.catalog.product.new" alias="product_new" template="catalog/product/new.phtml" after="cms_page">
<
action method="addPriceBlockType"><type>bundle</type><block>bundle/catalog_product_price</block><template>bundle/catalog/product/price.phtml</template></action></block>
<
block type="reports/product_viewed" name="home.reports.product.viewed" alias="product_viewed" template="reports/home_product_viewed.phtml" after="product_new"><action method="addPriceBlockType"><type>bundle</type><block>bundle/catalog_product_price</block><template>bundle/catalog/product/price.phtml</template></action></block>
</
reference>

Hope that helps and otherwise you need to download some extensions, let me know if you need more support on this.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

nightwinter2000

Total Posts:  21

Thanks i would love some help on this one please.

if im missing something then it must be missed out the template package as i installed as per instructions. the instructions instructs me to enter the following code into the “custome design” XML

<reference name="head">
<action method="addItem"><type>skin_js</type><name>js/glider.js</name></action>
<action method="addItem"><type>skin_js</type><name>js/slider.js</name></action>
<action method="addItem"><type>skin_js</type><name>js/productInfo.js</name></action>
</reference>
<reference name="content">
<block type="catalog/product_new" name="home.new" alias="product_new" template="catalog/product/new.phtml">
<action method="setProductsCount"><count>8</count></action>
<action method="addPriceBlockType">
<type>bundle</type>
<block>bundle/catalog_product_price</block>
<template>bundle/catalog/product/price.phtml</template>
</action>
</block>
</reference>
<reference name="right">
<block type="core/template" name="right.callout1" template="callouts/left_col.phtml" before="-">
<action method="setImgSrc"><src>images/media/callout_side1.jpg</src></action>
<action method="setImgAlt" translate="alt" module="catalog"><alt>Call Us Toll Free. (555) 555-555</alt></action>
<action method="setLinkUrl"><url>checkout/cart</url></action>
</block>
<block type="core/template" name="right.callout2" template="callouts/left_col.phtml" after="right.callout1">
<action method="setImgSrc"><src>images/media/callout_side2.jpg</src></action>
<action method="setImgAlt" translate="alt" module="catalog"><alt>Free domestic shippings</alt></action>
<action method="setLinkUrl"><url>checkout/cart</url></action>
</block>
<block type="newsletter/subscribe" name="right.newsletter" template="newsletter/subscribe.phtml" after="right.callout2"/>
<block type="tag/popular" name="tags_popular" template="tag/popular.phtml"/>
</reference>
<reference name="before_footer">
<block type="featured/featured" name="home.featured" template="catalog/product/featured.phtml">
<action method="setProductsCount"><count>25</count></action>
</block>
</reference>

i installed what you mentioned please check site again. it installs the “recently viewed products under the slider now but is also to the right.

if im missing some extensions could you please help identify them

Magento Community
Magento Community

Elmagico

to remove or not showing the block from the right side you need to comment or remove the code in the following file, goto:
app/design/frontend/default/<YOUR_THEME>/layout/reports.xml

And make from this

<!-- Mage_Reports--> 
        <
reference name="right">
            <
block type="reports/product_viewed" before="right.permanent.callout" name="right.reports.product.viewed" template="reports/product_viewed.phtml" />
            <
block type="reports/product_compared" before="right.permanent.callout" name="right.reports.product.compared" template="reports/product_compared.phtml" />
        </
reference>

This:

<!-- Mage_Reports 

<reference name="right">
            <
block type="reports/product_viewed" before="right.permanent.callout" name="right.reports.product.viewed" template="reports/product_viewed.phtml" />
            <
block type="reports/product_compared" before="right.permanent.callout" name="right.reports.product.compared" template="reports/product_compared.phtml" />
        </
reference>-->

Now Save, upload, refresh cache and reload site.

What also whil help you is to install the extension developer toolbar, that way you can quickly find where the diferent blocks on your site are and in what file you can change the phtml or php code. Give it a try you can download it from here http://www.magentocommerce.com/module/2271/developer-toolbar. You will notice that your magento developer skills will increase.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nightwinter2000

i dont have a reports.xml in that directory

Magento Community
Magento Community

Elmagico

Ok than you still have to copy it from “app/design/frontend/default/default/layout/” to you theme location “app/design/frontend/default/<YOUR_THEME>/layout/”

...and edit the version you have put at your_theme location, tell me if that worked?

And the answer on the featured product is, you can buy the extension or you make one yourself, here is a link to a tutorial where is explained how to create your own featured products: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how_to_create_a_featured_product

Hope its helpfull?

Magento Community
Magento Community

nightwinter2000

thanks that worked. but its the newsletter coloured block i want to appear on the website mainly please see the difference here http://templates-master.com/free-absolute-magento-theme.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

Elmagico

Lets see if understand what you mean, because the newsletter is there so you want it to have same background look and feel as from the demo page? Find the newsletter phtml file and add the background color to its stylesheet class or just add it by (dirty way) style command in the div tag of it. And adjust the rest like sort order of text and change text. Maybe text resides in the language files in app/local/<your_language>.

Magento Community
Magento Community

haligonia

Total Posts:  97

Does the new version of Magento Absolute for 1.4 fix the problems with the buttons under Safari and Chrome? Attached you’ll see how the buttons on the older version look in Safari.

Image Attachments
Picture 1.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

nightwinter2000

Hi haligonia

Im currently running the latest version of Mageno with the 1.4 absolute theme. ive sent you a pm with a link to my under development site. that way you can see if safari is still creating a problem for you.

Hope it helps

Magento Community
Magento Community

akuilabat7

Total Posts:  6

Hi

can anyone help me to get the drop down menu at the top! Mine is not appearing after i loaded the absolute theme

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Derek Nutile

Total Posts:  2

haligonia - 11 March 2010 08:05 PM

Does the new version of Magento Absolute for 1.4 fix the problems with the buttons under Safari and Chrome? Attached you’ll see how the buttons on the older version look in Safari.

I’ve seen the same issue with Safari (Windows and Mac).  My fix/hack is to alter boxes.css (around line 86) and change the image padding to something like this:

padding0 5px 0 0;

I’ve also slightly altered the next line to use something less than 100% size, like so:

backgroundurl(../images/button.gifno-repeat 99.9% -27px;

Your mileage may vary.

Magento Community
Magento Community

andremoon41

Total Posts:  17

Thanks Nutile, I was also facing the same issue. Now it has been resolved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gustavo pereira

Total Posts:  1

Hello,

Someone can help me? I follow all the install instructions and my “new products” block don’t appear.
I’m using magento 1.4.0.1.

See: http://www.weegames.com.br/magento/

Magento Community
Magento Community

spamherelots

Total Posts:  20

could someone upload mirror it?

the status on the shopsite stays at pending not letting me download it :(
just like this theme

Magento Community
Magento Community

tehciolo

Total Posts:  1

Hello there

I\’m having a problem with my navigation menu. The top links are ok an they look like this:
http://www.nutrilinesport.ro/catalog/category/view/s/categorii/id/3/
but when i go one step further down the menu, the links generated look like this:
http://www.nutrilinesport.ro//aminoacizi.html
obviously that generates a 404 page but even removing one slash from the link does not give me a valid link…

you can check the site at: http://www.nutrilinesport.ro

If any of you have any ideea why this is happening i would be very grateful smile

LE: i created a new root category for my store, moved all the categories from the default to the new one, flushed cache and reindexed what was necessary and it seems to have worked
also i set the store to use the new root category in manage stores tab on admin > system panel

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community