Magento Forum

Errors showing instead of product images

ericleeclark

Total Posts:  40
Muncie, IN

I believe we’ve got the data flow issues resolved but are now facing another issue. The products all seem to be appearing on the frontend, but the majority have errors in place of where the product image should be. Take a look: http://awcoffees.com/1.0/coffee. It happens at the lower level product view too: http://awcoffees.com/1.0/catalog/product/view/id/5/s/papua-new-guinea-madaan-x/category/3/

Someone suggested ensuring that gd2 was installed. I believe we began getting these errors after installing gd2. From what I heard, gd2 is needed so I’m looking for any help or suggestions with these errors.

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Simon King

Total Posts:  46

The error message you’re getting is:

Notice: getimagesize() function.getimagesize: Read error!

Which suggest Magento can’t read the source image in order to process (resize) it. Possible reasons could be:

1. The source image is missing or isn’t where magento things it is
2. The source images permissions are set such that they cannot be read by the web server user.

Could either of those be causing your issue?

Nice design btw!

Magento Community
Magento Community

ericleeclark

Muncie, IN

Good suggestions, I’m looking into them now. Currently there are no product images uploaded so it should be pulling the default placeholders., correct?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Simon King

Yeah I think you’re right, the placeholder images should be used.

Something else to try - make sure you have jpeg support compiled in to your gd2 module using phpinfo()

I checked mine, and actually I do not have gd2 installed, just gd (and it’s working). My phpinfo() looks like the attached

Simon

Image Attachments
gd.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

ericleeclark

Muncie, IN

From your earlier post, I confirmed that the placeholder images exist and their perms are 644, and folder containing them is set to 755. So there should be no issues with perms.

Further, it looks like our gd setup is nearly identical, except mine doesn’t have the FreeType and T1Lib. But JPG support is enabled. Hmmm…

Image Attachments
gd_ss.gif

Magento Community
Magento Community

ericleeclark

Muncie, IN

UPDATE:
Some interesting, and unexpected, progress. I uploaded an image for one of the products and when I went back to look at the store view the errors had gone away. Now placeholder images only appear for products in the right-hand column, while the others have a missing image icon. Definitely weird behavior.
Latest: http://www.awcoffees.com/1.0/coffee

Magento Community
Magento Community

ericleeclark

Muncie, IN

Issue fixed. This was actually caused by our customization. In Magento v1.0 a new categories folder is included for product images. This was not in our original configuration since we were customizing based off v0.8xxx. Thanks to all for the help and suggestions. Hopefully this saves someone time in the future.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Simon King

Glad you got to the bottom of the issue. Great site by the way, one of the best I’ve seen.

Simon

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community