Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Change price in “Shop By” to custom attribute like manufacturer

Allstar

Total Posts:  3

I only set up one product so far, but how would I change “Shop by Price” on the left side to “Shop by XXXX”? Where XXX is any custom attribute?

Thank you

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

matt1237

Total Posts:  70
Washington State

Does anyone have an answer to this yet?  I would be nice to know the general answer to this… if there is one.

What I specifically am trying to do now is “Shop by Price”.  I have read all posts I can find and still don’t understand how to get it working??

Magento Community
Magento Community

azpro

Total Posts:  10
Amsterdam - The Netherlands

You can’t simply ‘change’ “Shop by Price”.. This is layered navigation and is interacting with the settings of attributes and atribute sets ..... The “Shop by Price” price filter is hard-coded for layered navigation ... You can off course change the code to not show it, but this takes some programming skills..... However you can add your own extra Shop By ..YOURATTRIBUTE....

General advise ...... Play around with the sample data in your store. For example create your own attributes and attributes sets, create a category and a product .... Just try it and you will understand it ....  In Admin Catalog-Manege Attribute - edit Attribute yoy will find Frontend properties ...Here are your Options for Layered Navigation…

It took me some time to understand, but just playing around did the trick ... Off course also reed Wiki pages - Instruction Guide etc.

Arjan

Magento Community
Magento Community

matt1237

Total Posts:  70
Washington State

Thank you so much for replying!  I did take a while for me to understand what was going on.  The reason I wasn’t seeing layered navigation was because I hadn’t set my categories to be anchor categories.  It makes MUCH more sense to me now.  Just getting to know a new CMS takes a bit to start putting everything together.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community