Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Poll
Do you think a contact form on the search results page is useful ?
Yes, absolutely, I want this feature ! 3
mhhh, why not ? 2
No, the search function is fine as it is. 0
No, I don’t want to be bothered by my clients! 0
Total Votes: 5
You must be a logged-in member to vote
no search results - why not add a contact form to let customers tell you what they are looking for? 

erenaud

Total Posts:  221
Minden, Germany

I recently read an article in the german magazine “internet world business” saying that businesses are not paying enough attention to the search function of their shop software...

One suggestion they made, is to add a contact form to the search results page with the header “did not find what you were looking for? Tell us what you would like to see in our shop”

and then a form for the customer to enter a message and a product, their target price, their name and email address.

Of course in the backend I can see which search terms where used, and which of them did not return any results. But the keywords often don’t tell us much and we don’t have any options to contact the customer who entered those keywords.

Does anyone have an idea how to accomplish this ?

a contact form is already included in magento, and the search results page just needs to be enhanced with this contact form or an adapted one.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community