Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Dynamically creating a new store (on the fly)….. hacks and where to start…

Relative0

Total Posts:  4

I have been looking around a bit for 1st. A module, (commercial or otherwise), that will allow a user to create a store of their own.  I haven’t found much.  Unfortunatly the searching on the Magento site is not quite up to date so I can’t look for Extensions by keyword(s).  But that aside.  If anyone knows of a Extension for this please let me know. 

So I want to be able to let a user come to the main store and click a link that says something like “Get your own store!” Then it will take them to a page where several questions are asked, such as store name, blah blah.  Then the really tough part.... what code is responsible for creating stores?  I mean I am sure there are a lot involved since there are several fields needed to be filled, (according to the video):

Creating Multiple Stores on the Fly

Great stuff and I am thankful to those who put it together.  About 20% through the video at the beginning of step 2 - Creating a new root category for the second website we go in to Magento and do some things.  I would like to know how to do all of this dynamically....  I mean, the first step I can probably program some sort of script to do, not so difficult, however I have no idea what is going on in the next bits and where these files/code is located in order to work out.

Could someone give me some advice?

Thanks and Magento is awesome!

Brian

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community