Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Cannot access any Install Wizard

roadrunner

Total Posts:  16

I have tried to activate the /install folder, to no avail. Even tried /install.php.  All I got was a blank, white page.

I have downloaded magento-1.0.zip, unzipped and uploaded all the files to http://www.mysite.com/magento.

I have the app, media and var files permissions set to 0777, as advised in the installation tutorial (the rest of the files I left as uploaded), as well as my public_html root file now set at 0777 also, but that did not help the matter.

I have created a database.

I have a mail service.
I have a dedicated IP only, but not a dedicated server.
I am running MySQL 5.0.45-community-log, Apache 2.2.8 (unix), and PHP 5.2.5.  My host is Hostmonster. 

Your system requirements are:

System Requirements
At the base level, Magento will require the following software:

* Linux or another UNIX-compatible operating system (Windows is also supported, but see the Known Issues section below)
* Apache Web Server (1.x or 2.x)
* PHP 5.2.0 or newer, with the following extensions/addons:
o PDO/MySQL
o MySQLi
o mcrypt
o mhash
o simplexml
o DOM
* MySQL 4.1.20 or newer
* A Sendmail-compatible Mail Transfer Agent (MTA) - Magento will connect directly to an SMTP server if you don’t have an MTA

My cPanel shows that I have the following installed in the php:

Archive_Tar 1.3.2
Console_Getopt 1.2.3
HTML_Template_IT 1.1
Net_UserAgent_Detect 2.0.1
PEAR 1.7.1
Structures_Graph 1.0.2
XML_RPC 1.5.1

I searched the available extensions/add-ons for php, and only found the one MySQLi, which is named MDB2.php.  I have installed this extension.  However, none of the others listed above show as being available for installation.  Could this be the whole problem?  If so, where do I find files to install?

I also just activated CGI/FastCGI.

I tried the install again, and got this error message:

Warning: include_once(Mage/Core/functions.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/roadrunner/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php on line 45

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening ‘Mage/Core/functions.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’/home/roadrunner/public_html/magento/app/code/local:/home/roadrunner/public_html/magento/app/code/community:/home/roadrunner/public_html/magento/app/code/core:/home/roadrunner/public_html/magento/lib:.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/roadrunner/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php on line 45

Fatal error: Call to undefined function checkmagicquotes() in /home/roadrunner/public_html/magento/app/Mage.php on line 53

I don’t understand what php.info file you want access to, or copied here.

Help, please?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community