Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error after moving site (urgent)

AJytzler

Total Posts:  138

Hey guys,

I have got this error after moving the site.

Error in file"/var/www/arcondk.dk/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/sql/sales_setup/install-1.6.0.0.php" SQLSTATE[42S01]Base table or view already exists1050 Table 'arc_sales_flat_order' already exists

Trace
:
#0 /var/www/arcondk.dk/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(645): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 /var/www/arcondk.dk/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(421): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('install', '', '1.6.0.7')
#2 /var/www/arcondk.dk/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(327): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_installResourceDb('1.6.0.7')
#3 /var/www/arcondk.dk/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(235): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /var/www/arcondk.dk/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(417): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /var/www/arcondk.dk/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(343): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 /var/www/arcondk.dk/public_html/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /var/www/arcondk.dk/public_html/index.php(87): Mage::run('', 'store')
#8 {main}

Im not sure that the guide for moving my site was satisfactory, so if you have an up to date guide that i can look through, to see if i have missed some important points, that would be great!

You can check the site here if you want www.arcondk.dk

Any help appreciated.

//Anders Jytzler

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

chiefair
Mentor

Total Posts:  1848

I don’t know why and in a complete and proper move this should not happen, but something has tripped the installer scripts and its trying to create tables that already exist. I’d start by dropping the database and recreating it so you have a completely clean database and then re-import your database dump from your previous site.

Several methods are listed around here for moving from site to site, some of them highly complex and completely prone to frustration and failure, especially the ones that try to save you time or data transfer and especially, the ones that export and reimport product, categories and customers. If you did it right in the original environment, just move the whole thing as it exists.

The procedure for a linux to linux move is distressingly simple. I used to use the following (till I set up rsync) to pull the live site to my local dev server VM. If it was fully functional on the old server, with changes for database credentials, baseURLs and proper file permissions set, it should run on the new server, excepting for any domain specific stuff you may have done in .htaccess

--------------------------------------

1. Tar Magento installation, move to new system, untar

2. Set file permissions on Magento installation in new system, do this before you proceed to doing anything else!!!

3. Dump database on old system, restore on new system and change baseURLs before you try to access the site in either the front end or back end.

4. Change database access credentials in app/etc/local.xml

5. Find out the other half dozen annoyances on running Magento in its new environment and fix them.

The above simplistic steps are given a bit more detail over here http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/228830/#t322770

Magento Community
Magento Community

AJytzler

Total Posts:  138

Hey chiefair,

i really appreciate you taking the time to write a suggestion for me :-)

I noticed that you mentioned that it had started creating tables that already existed, so i tried dropping the table, put the site in offline mode, and then import the data.sql file from the old database again, and it all worked! I just had to edit the baseurl in the xxx_xxx_data_config table.

Thanks again! You help improve the Magento community.

//Anders Jytzler

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiefair
Mentor

Total Posts:  1848

Glad something in there tripped the necessary troubleshooting path to find the cure. Less frustration is good!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community