Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

New attribute type needed: Range

Livefish.com.au

Total Posts:  13

Hi Guys,

Something that would be very useful for me is to be able to create a new attribute with the type “range”. For example, I sell live aquarium fish, and each fish has a certain pH requirement - something like 6.0-7.5 for example.

If I was able to specify a pH range for each product, then hopefully also, the customer could use this attribute in the search results.

E.g. if they search for 6.5 in the pH, the search would return all products whose pH range includes that value.

Any ideas of how difficult this would be?

Daniel

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

vincenzo

Total Posts:  39
Roma

Hi,
I agree with you, it is mandatory to have such a type of attribute. Another example where this type would be useful is to describe ages for children stuff like toys or videogames. A toy, for instance, is usually targeted to a range of ages.

Anyway, waiting for a possible implementation, if you do not need to have the attribute on layered navigation, a way to do that is creating an attribute as a multiple select where you defined all the option you have and, creating a prduct, you choose all the options in the range.

In the Advance search, the customer can select one or more option of your attribute and the system will give the correct results.

It’s not really a soluton but could work in some cases.

Magento Community
Magento Community

brie

Total Posts:  24

+1 !

Magento Community
Magento Community

chll

Total Posts:  134

Livefish.com.au - 05 April 2008 02:12 PM

Hi Guys,

Something that would be very useful for me is to be able to create a new attribute with the type “range”. For example, I sell live aquarium fish, and each fish has a certain pH requirement - something like 6.0-7.5 for example.

If I was able to specify a pH range for each product, then hopefully also, the customer could use this attribute in the search results.

E.g. if they search for 6.5 in the pH, the search would return all products whose pH range includes that value.

Any ideas of how difficult this would be?

Daniel

is there any solution?  .

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community