Magento Forum

Footer Customizations

whoscart

Total Posts:  120

I created a static block for footer and it works perfectly. But the original footer links still show and I’ve been unable to remove or at least hide them out.

The original footer links I’m referring to are: “Site Map I Search Terms I Advanced Search I Contact Us”

I’ve read about references to page.xml, footer.phtml, links.phtml. I tried going to these places but maybe I’m doing something wrong since they haven’t helped me resolve this.

Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

ummm ...am searching too… was able to locate ‘About Us’ and the trademark text. But the above footer links have kept me searching :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sprout Collective

Total Posts:  64
Portland, OR / Orange County, CA

Those extra links are a bit spread out, in this case.  You’ll want to look for them in the layout XML files of the pages they reference.

For example, if you wanted to edit the link text of Search Terms and Advanced Search, you’d edit the labels in this block from catalogsearch.xml:

<reference name="footer_links">
  <
action method="addLink" translate="label title" module="catalogsearch" ifconfig="catalog/seo/search_terms"><label>Search Terms</label><url helper="catalogsearch/getSearchTermUrl" /><title>Search Terms</title></action
  <
action method="addLink" translate="label title" module="catalogsearch"><label>Advanced Search</label><url helper="catalogsearch/getAdvancedSearchUrl" /><title>Advanced Search</title></action
</
reference>

Hope that puts another piece of the puzzle in place for you. wink

-Cliff

Magento Community
Magento Community

whoscart

Total Posts:  120

What do you mean by edit? I read some articles about going to the xml files but I don’t know what to do when I get there.

Will putting these brackets <!-- and --> around the code solve the problem or do I have to do something else?

Thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community