Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Another product image upload problem

NMVChris

Total Posts:  6

I have been searching to find an answer to this for days now and I’m still stuck.  I’m still new to Magento.  I’m using 1.7.0.2.  When adding a new product I am unable to upload images.  Every other topic I have seen on this, people have errors.  Not me.  I click on browse files, find the picture and click it but nothing happens. It does show up so that I can download it.  I don’t get an error.  Nothing.  Am I doing something wrong?  Please help.  Thank you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NELAGeek

Total Posts:  193
US

in the /media folder, there is an .htaccess file.  Edit this line:

Options All -Index

change to this:

Options -Index

Magento Community
Magento Community

NMVChris

I saw that in a thread where people were getting error messages and I tried that for my problem too but still nothing.  That’s what I find strange about it.  I can chose a file through the brows files option but it does nothing when I choose it.  It doesn’t show up on the screen, it doesn’t give me any error.  It acts like I didn’t do anything at all.  The only thing I haven’t tried yet in getting rid of it completely and trying over from scratch.  Maybe I should do that.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NELAGeek

Total Posts:  193
US

Have you checked your apache error logs in cpanel?  It may show you a setup error related to the issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NMVChris

No I hadn’t checked that.  I did just do a fresh install though and still have the same issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NMVChris

FYI I am using Chrome.  I just tried it in IE and it worked.  This must be some issue with Chrome.  I hate IE but I guess for now I’ll have to use it unless someone knows why this happens in Chrome

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community