Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I limit the “Allowed methods” in the USPS drop down list. 

JoeNmass

Total Posts:  50

I have the USPS shipping method set up and works great except that I want to limit the shipping methods from the ”Allowed methods” in the drop down list to just a few. Right now theres 24 options.
How do I go about editing this list. I can’t seem to find the file that stores this list.

Does anyone know where I might find it.

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Tweakmag
Guru

Total Posts:  307
London, UK

Hi there,
do you mean you want to limit the options that the end user (customer) has to choose from? If that is the case - you need to goto:

Admin > System > Configuration > Shipping Methods

Then open USPS method and you can then ctrl+click the options you want to allow.

Cheers
Adam

Magento Community
Magento Community

JoeNmass

That did it. That was exactly what I wanted.  grin

Thank you for your help.

Magento Community
Magento Community

zegron

Total Posts:  9

JoeNmass -

You got your USPS setup to work, care to share your configuration? I cannot seem to get it to work. I’ve set up a WebTools account and put the username in and configured everything in the way that made the most sense but I still get the “This shipping method is currently unavailable. “ on my test site for the usps shipping method. grin

Magento Community
Magento Community

JoeNmass

You must contact the USPS to change your status from a tester to a live user. It should work fine once that is done. Sorry for my late reply.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community