Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

USPS Module Malfunction - HELP!!!! 

PCGamesPlus

Total Posts:  166
Sacramento, CA

I love this software… but it’s one roadblock after another. I can’t get the USPS module working. Anyone else out there using 1 and 1 hosting that has got this thing working? I did all the steps and then some. Are there special settings to use only for this test mode? .... Anyone?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

PCGamesPlus

Total Posts:  166
Sacramento, CA

Whew!!!! --- I got it working. I know, I know...do some reading.  red face Well I did and I figured out that in my case magento wasn’t sending the correct info to the test server. What I did to get it to work was email USPS and tell then to switch my profile over to production and send me the production URL. They did, then I updated Magento with the info and now it’s working. 1 more down 1,000,000 to go smile

From the reading I did I found out that the test server will only accept specific info as follows.

ZipOrigination: 10022
ZipDestination: 20008 (is set during Checkout process by user)
Pounds: 10
Ounces: 5 (weight can be set for every product on Administration > Products)
Size: LARGE
Machinable: TRUE

To test international shipping use the following values:

Pounds: 2
Ounces: 0
MailType: Package

or

Pounds: 0
Ounces: 1
MailType: Postcards or Aerogrammes

For whatever reason I wasn’t able to input the necessary values according to this info I found. Hopefully in the future documentation there will be more help on this very critical module.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community