Whew!!!! --- I got it working. I know, I know...do some reading. Well I did and I figured out that in my case magento wasn’t sending the correct info to the test server. What I did to get it to work was email USPS and tell then to switch my profile over to production and send me the production URL. They did, then I updated Magento with the info and now it’s working. 1 more down 1,000,000 to go
From the reading I did I found out that the test server will only accept specific info as follows.
ZipDestination: 20008 (is set during Checkout process by user)
Ounces: 5 (weight can be set for every product on Administration > Products)
To test international shipping use the following values:
MailType: Postcards or Aerogrammes
For whatever reason I wasn’t able to input the necessary values according to this info I found. Hopefully in the future documentation there will be more help on this very critical module.