Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Category not showing up in Magento Adminstration

AndyCam

Total Posts:  3

Hi everyone,

I would need some help with identifying and deleting some category zombie…

Don’t know how it happened in the first place, but I have a product category “zombie” that shows up on the Front End, but not in Magento Administration.

I would like to delete it, because there is this category already somewhere within the category tree. So I am sure, I could just go ahead and delete it.  I tried the different store views in the administration, but it doesn’t show up. I suppose it’s some flaw within the database that somehow happened.

I now tried to locate the corresponding table in phpmyadmin, but seems like it isn’t all that simple with all the different tables in magento. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

AndyCam

Total Posts:  3

hmm.. so I checked

> catalog_category_entity_varchar with value="your_category_search_term"

to find the entity_id for

> catalog_category_entity

okay. by guessing from the path information i found the “bad ass mf” in catalog_category_entity.
i left all the others like it is. seems like it is behaving well.

any concerns?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community