Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Dynamic price updates

jamble

Total Posts:  3

Hi all,

I tried searching but it’s difficult to know exactly how to describe what I was looking for without simply giving an example smile

I’m really keen on using magento for a client project as it just looks a mile ahead of everything else but they have one specific requirement for product pages which I’ve not seen on other e-commerce software and was wondering if Magento offered this out of the box (or if it could modified to include it)

They sell jewellery and need product pages to have several options (diamond size, ring metal, clarity etc) as demonstrated on this page http://www.icediamond.com/showproduct.php?c=DES159 but as the price varies enormously depending on the options, they need the price shown for the product to update like on that page.

Is this possible with Magento or possible to create a modification of some sort to do it? It’s proving a real stumbling block when choosing a platform for their shop so I hope this one can do this!

Many thanks,

James.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jamble

Total Posts:  3

*bump*

sorry for the bump, I was just wondering if anyone could clarify this for me? I’ve been playing around with the product attributes settings and I must admit they’re totally baffling! I can’t even get product option dropdowns to show up for a product let alone answer my own question above and I’ve trawled the help pages and screencasts and still no luck!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community