Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Different Currencys and Different Pricing on the Store View Level does not seem to work

regispatuto

Total Posts:  21

I am tryng to have the same store available in Britian, US and Europe.  So I went to Manage Stores, and created 2 additional store views Euro, and Britian (US is to be the default).  I then went to manage currencies in each Store View, and set each to Euro and British Pound Sterling respectfully.

Now when I switch stores, it doesn’t change the price identifier on each page.  Stays with the $. 

Also, if I try to change the price in the catalog of the store in a local view, it switches all the prices.  It is as if Price is a global attribute, although it says it is website?

Any thoughts.

-JP

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

regispatuto

Basically my question for above is 1.  How come the currency doesn’t change on the website view level.
2.  Can I make Pricing accessible on the store view instead of the website view?

Magento Community
Magento Community

regispatuto

And yes in the Configuration I have Catalog Price set to Website, and not global.

Magento Community
Magento Community

regispatuto

Anyone having this same problem?

Magento Community
Magento Community

regispatuto

I found the fix.

Basically your webservicex has to run once.  Mine was turned off, and therefore my manage currency rates seemed broken. 

After I turned it on and forced an update, all the pricing and the manage currency rates seemed to work fine.

-JP

Magento Community
Magento Community

markl

Total Posts:  39

Hi JP,

I know this is an old post, but I’m stuck where you were a couple of months ago, only my webserviceex is configured and running. I am in a similar position, selling to Northern Ireland (British Pound) and the Republic of Ireland (Euro). I have the currency set to default at the Republic of Ireland set to Euro, but when I change stores and choose one of the categories, British pounds is displayed and then I notice that I’ve been bounced back to the Northern Ireland store. I’m not sure how much of that made sense, but if you have any ideas, I’d really appreciate them!

I’ve taken a video grab showing my prob here - My Screencast

Cheers,

Mark

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community