Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

I need to create a product that combines a select (configurable) with grouped products

webrockii

Total Posts:  1

I am trying to create a product for a clothing customer and he wants a drop-down to select a shirt color which is a configurable product, but he also wants to have a listing of sizes on the product page so that the customer can add multiple sizes on the same product page. Example select Red shirt, from Red, Green, Blue and purchase 10-small, 10-large, 10-xlarge of this color all on the same product page. Is there a way to do this without creating a custom product. I am open to plugin/extensions if available.  I am using Magento CE 1.7

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

Not exactly, custom options for a full list but there are side effects. Use an ajax theme and it will not refresh the page, simple business logic like that is all you need. This is how all the top sites do it, no reason to do it any differently unless they want to make work for themselves, or you.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community