Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Attacking Magento 1.0

Brikou Carré

Total Posts:  37

Since the 1st release of magento 1.0 I thought that this “production ready” release would deactivate any error reporting…

Error reporting should be disable in production environnement… Anyone know that errors shown can be very usefull to any hackers ... I hope that this really important configuration tuning still missing will be added very soon…

Thx and by the way (already said) Magento is great

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial Web Host
Guru

Total Posts:  364
Phoenix, AZ

I am not certain I understand.

Is your suggestion to disable any error reporting in an open source product?  The same product that so many people are having so much trouble installing?  I would venture to guess that doing so would only create additional problems.

You can always modify your php configuration to disable any runtime reporting of errors.  This would be the preferred method of controlling error reporting.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community