Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Configurable products don’t show on Frontend

atlantide

Total Posts:  187
France

I followed the screencast of configurable products
http://www.magentocommerce.com/media/screencasts/configurable-products/view
and also the tutorial
http://www.magentocommerce.com/knowledge-base/entry/tutorial-creating-a-configurable-product

I can’t find my configurable product on Frontend, when entering the category I selected.

But when I make a research, I find it…

I tried two ways, here is the first one :

- Creating the attribute, and the group, activating “Use with configurable products”
- Creating simple products with visibility “Nowhere”, stock = 15, and activating them
- Creating configurable product, selecting simple products in associated products, activating it.

the other way :

- Creating the attribute, and the group, activating “Use with configurable products”
- Creating configurable product, and creating simple products directly in associated products, activating them

both ways doesn’t work.

Any idea ?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

atlantide

Total Posts:  187
France

I can’t understand… Does anybody have the same problem ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ourmaninparis

Total Posts:  40

I have the same problem.

I created a new attribute and a new attribute set. I then created two simple products using the new attribute set. Finally I created my configurable product with the new attribute set and selected my two simple products in the associated products tab.

The problem is that the configurable options are not visible in the front end. I’ve gone back into the attribute and checked that YES is selected under “visible on catalogue pages in front end.”

Any suggestions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ourmaninparis

Total Posts:  40

I found the source of the problem. The simply products need to be set to “In Stock.”

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community