Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problems upgrading from 1.4.2 => 1.7.0

Thehummel

Total Posts:  2

Okay, i have tried so many different things trying to upgrade a big magento shop, that i’m now turning to the forums. It’s a large enough site with a database that is around 131mb big when dumped. Here is the things i have tried and the errors i have run into.

1) I tried manually upgrade step-by-step. First, downloading 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 zip files. Then after having dumped the database, moved everything over to an production server, remapped the base_url to the new database, update local.xml to match, change the .htaccess (it’s not localhost). Before that i did a backup of app/code/local and community, media, skin/frontend, app/design/frontend and local.xml. Then i extracted the 1.5 over the server, went to the frontpage, and it worked.

Now from 1.5 to 1.6 is where things go badly. I clear the cahce and check the different things again. When i extract the 1.6 version upon, it gives me this error:

Error in file"/home/DOMAIN/home/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Customer/sql/customer_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.5.9.9-1.6.0.0.php" SQLSTATE[23000]Integrity constraint violation1062 Duplicate entry '0-1885' for key 'UNQ_BY_CUSTOMER'
I have tried to change the config.xml init statement so it doesn’t do foreign key checks and that. Sometime i think i got through that error message but then something equal that pops up. Always the mysql upgrade-script.

I read that it has something to do with Magento changing their database structure or something like that, and that certain tables has to be altered to innoDB instead of MyISaM. I found an Magento page that had an script that converted the needed tables, but that didn’t work either

In all my tries, the premission has been sat to writeable everytime and cache was cleared.

2) I also tried to upgrade with SSH, where i first got PEAR sat up, and then listed the different upgrades and then sat Mage up. I followed different guides to it, mainly this one. But that failed as well. I tried to reindex also, and that gave me this error

php fatal error uncaught exception 'pdoexception' with message 'SQLSLATE[HY000] [2002] No such files or directory in /home/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php.php:129

Hope some of you can help me through this.. I have used a lot of hours on this and i just want to be done with it soon.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

judywayne

Total Posts:  28

Hi Thehummel,
The only thing I’d suggest you to try is to install a fresh version (without add-ons and other stuff) and then move database from the current store.
I think it’s the easiest way to upgrade Magento without grey hair.
For data transfer you can use online service, called Cart2Cart.
It moves all the data, but without template.

Hope it can help you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Thehummel

Total Posts:  2

Do you have any good guide for moving an existing magento shop over to an fresh?
And should i install the newest (1.7) at the start or take it step by step?

Thank you, it gave me some hope..

Magento Community
Magento Community

judywayne

Total Posts:  28

Thehummel - 10 September 2013 02:07 AM

Do you have any good guide for moving an existing magento shop over to an fresh?
And should i install the newest (1.7) at the start or take it step by step?

Thank you, it gave me some hope..

Check this page. There is a guide and a video tutorial how to perform upgrade.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community