Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can’t login to Admin 404 error Page Not Found

JamieD

Total Posts:  30

I changed the Default Store View in System>Manage Store and now I get a 404 page not found error on my frontend and backend.  Need help fast!!  I can’t log into my admin or see my store frontend.  Any help would be appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

VK4KBG

Total Posts:  104
Beerwah. Queensland. Australia

There is probably a better way,

Go into /var/cache/ and delete all of the Mage directories ( they will be rebuilt)

Make sure the hidden file .htaccess is still in place

The if still no good, I would back up the database and then go into the database and change the store view back to what is was.

Cheers

Ron

Magento Community
Magento Community

JamieD

Total Posts:  30

Ron, Thanks for your prompt reply.  I ended up contacting my Hosting Company and had them restore from the most recent backup.  Lucky for me they just backed it up an hour before my problem occurred so I didn’t even lose any changes I had made.  I am a Magento newbie, and greatly appreciate knowing where to look if I have this problem again.

If you have time for another question:

I had this problem because I was trying to edit the “New Order” Transactional Email.  I copied the template and renamed it and was editing my new version and noticed that my store name did not show up when I previewed it.  In the code window is the following line:

Thank you for your order from {{var order.getStoreGroupName()}}.

When I preview the template it shows nothing for my store name.  Where does Magento look for the variable {{getStoreGroupName}} ?

How can I get it to fill in my store name for this variable??  Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jamie

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community