Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Different Product template for different categories

glenelkins

Total Posts:  75

Hi

I know in catalog.xml i can setup a tag for example<PRODUCT_1> and I can set a specific layout for product with ID 1

But what i need to do is have every product within a specific category use the same layout without having to add <PRODUCT_#> for every single product added

How can this be done?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

kiatng
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  875
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

One possible way is to use the layout update in the Design tab of the Manage Products in the backend. Once you set it up, you may then duplicate the product or export it and import it back after you add all the products in Excel.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Discovery
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  767

... and for the products you can update products en-masse

Magento Community
Magento Community

glenelkins

Total Posts:  75

hi

that is not really any good. This is for a client who will be adding products themselves without any programming knowledge or knowledge of XML, XHTML or anything! So the products when added to a specific category need to pickup the correct template automatically

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community