Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Custom Toronto

CustomToronto

Total Posts:  3

Please take a look:

Custom Toronto Promotional Products

Any feedback would be great!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

jellybabys

Total Posts:  208
UK

Really nice site, I can see why you spent so much time on it..

Well done and good luck smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

combicart

Total Posts:  31

Indeed a really nice design!

Some points:
- In advanced search, there still is an ‘Featured product’ option. Don’t know if thats done by purpose
- The main category ‘Conferences’ has no products, while the other main categories contain the same products as the subcategories

Can you tell which tutorial you have used to implement the ‘Featured products’ on your homepage?

Magento Community
Magento Community

CustomToronto

thx combicart

for the featured products I tried all the tuorials I could find—only one really worked ( I think it was this one: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/4780/)

but I had a problm with it - when somebody would click on an item I wanted the relvent category to be highlighted on the side menu—but instead the items wouldnt have a category (they would be [Home/Product] instead of [Home/Category/SubCategory/Product] ) Which wouldn’t help much if the user wanted to see other items in the same category

sooo in the end I decided id just save myself the frustration and time and hand coded it lol

Magento Community
Magento Community

combicart

Total Posts:  31

Hi CustomToronto,

That’s exactly the same problem I have with the current ‘Featured Product’ solutions! Thats why I was interested in your solution wink
I think the JM Product List extension from Joomlart shows the correct category/subcategory link, but I’m not 100% sure and that a rather expensive solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pdatoon

Total Posts:  107

Great looking shop! did you use a freelance designer?

Magento Community
Magento Community

CustomToronto

pdatoon - 25 September 2009 04:24 PM

Great looking shop! did you use a freelance designer?

I designed it myself smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community