Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Customer Rewards/points System for both your orders as well as orders placed by people you refured to the site. 

snarkys

Total Posts:  124

Adding a Customer Rewards/points System. This can be for just your own orders but also work well for referral rewards.

IE you get one reward point for every dollar you spend as well as 0.1 point for every dollar that is spent by someone who was referred by you.

These work fantastically at retaining customers, generating new sales and promoting people to share your site with other people. I can’t speak for everyone but in our business word of mouth is by far the best form of advertising we have available to us. I’d much rather pay our customers for their advertising efforts than pay for more Internet banners or other more expensive options.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

manolodf

Total Posts:  56
Dallas, TX / Hong Kong

This has already been requested under Affiliate Program / Rewards Program thread, basically the Frequent Buyer Program based off points.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/3422/

Magento Community
Magento Community

snarkys

cool,

I would really like to see it include a way to reward points to referrals and they money they spend. Our customers are already our best salesmen . it would be nice to find a way to reward that behavior as well as generate more of it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

manolodf

Dallas, TX / Hong Kong

I agree completely, plus you want to give people incentives to push your store. 

What you would have is a 2 tier program where they earn points for buying and nother rate for points for people they refer, and maybe even another for people the people they referred, referred.  Multi-Tier

Magento Community
Magento Community

snarkys

i guess what i would like to see is that you get points for how much money the people you referred spend. 1 point per dollar spent for your own purchases and 1 point per dollar spent for people they have referred purchases. We can afford to give 2% off every product it it results in highly effective marketing that results in sales we may have never had without this type of marketing .

It can be difficult for someone to get enough points on their own for programs like these to really matter to most people because they just don’t shop at your store that many times in a year. However if they really like your products they can easily tell all their friends and gain points off the money they spend as well and earn a significant amount of points that This not only results in a dedicated customer who will never buy products you stock anywhere else but also in a customer that is highly motivated to tell everyone they know about their/your store.

Say you owned a online pet food store, if a customer got some friends to join they may find themselves paying 10-15 percent less a year on pet food . maybe after a year they have referred enough people that half of their pet supplies are free and maybe after 2-3 years they have all their co workers and friends signed up and they don’t ever pay for pet supplies anymore.  Win win for us. they get free pet supplies but they found us 50 new customers we would have never had before. The potential for this is huge.

Magento Community
Magento Community

manolodf

Dallas, TX / Hong Kong

There is already a group in the community that you can join and add to the wiki to get the features on the reward points module

Magento Community
Magento Community

Loic_LC

Total Posts:  194
Paris, France

You can join the group here : http://www.magentocommerce.com/group/view/129

Magento Community
Magento Community

gadgetplay

Total Posts:  30
Basingstoke, UK

snarkys - 06 April 2008 05:44 AM

I would really like to see it include a way to reward points to referrals and they money they spend.

Now that would be a good idea!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community