Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

NZ Shipping Module

RickyFk

Total Posts:  165

We are need a shipping module for courier post, nz post and retko haulage and are potentially looking at developing (unless anyone else is further down the track and wants testers).

For courier post we need to be able to set the shipping location in the admin, and then the required rates based on our pricing.

We also need to be able to integrate the shipping weight, choosing the heavier of either the volume weight (Length x width x height) x 200 = X kgs or the physical weight of a package and the destination its going to. The shipping weight should be relatively simple if we create shipping attribute fields for shipping length, width and height and then some code can work out which is heavier and take that as the weight to calculate from.

There is also the issue of how we handle different type of packages as some items can be sent in track packs (plastic courier bags) and others in our own packaging and ideally this needs to be built in as well.

In the front end the site needs to be able to dynamically calculate the cost of shipping for the customer during checkout, and also link directly to Courier Posts API’s to display the shipping details within the site once an order has been shipped.

For the other carriers it would be good to have a simple plug in for the backend that allows us to create single/multiple carriers who we send orders through. So would need to be able to enter name (defined in config) and tracking code to put around the tracking number (also set in config)

Fooman were you looking at developing this potentially?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

FOOMAN

Total Posts:  669
Auckland, New Zealand

Hi Ricky,

I am sure your requirements are similar to a few other NZ based companies. With a bit of luck you could join your efforts developing it.

At the last business expo I inquired with NZ Post if they had an API you can use for price querying. Unfortunately they only had their web based price tool. So to get the prices you either need to set up a complete copy of the price matrix yourself or need to scrape the information off their website. Both not ideal.

By the way I am currently not developing any shipping modules. I mostly use tablerates. This extension would probably be a good base to model your efforts on:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/604/auctionmaid-matrixrate

Magento Community
Magento Community

dartmaul

Total Posts:  53

Hi Ricky / Fooman,

Did anyone do any work in this area?

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

Flipmedia

Total Posts:  43

FYI: http://api.nzpost.co.nz/ratefinder/documentation

Interesting but is limited by the requirement to provide the dimensions of the package, which will prove difficult when more than one item is being purchased / sent. Ideally NZ Post would offer Weight VS Volumetric Weight which would compliment most online stores.

File Attachments
parcelpost-wall-chart.pdf  (File Size: 195KB - Downloads: 211)

Magento Community
Magento Community

kdtips

Total Posts:  73
Auckland New Zealand

Hi,

I did worked on this.

But it was a very specific requirement.

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Admina21

Total Posts:  35

I just tried to work around the problem by creating a custom shipping rate based on the weight of the products. But this also does not show up for New Zealand.

Magento Community
Magento Community

GeorgePlummer

Total Posts:  9

Hi,

If anyone is looking for a NZ shipping module then we have a product which integrates with Magento, NZPost, Courier Post, NZ Couriers, DHL, etc. It will pull out current orders from Magento and then allow you to ship these. You can find it here.

Any questions just send an email.

Regards,
George.
StarShipIt - Integrating Couriers Systems with Magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

GeorgePlummer

I’ll add also that if you would like to be able to ship directly from Magento we are able to do that for you as well.

George.
StarShipIt

Magento Community
Magento Community

GeorgePlummer

Hi guys, we have a shipping solution for magento and are based in Auckland. We integrate with all major NZ carriers, please get in contact.

Magento Community
Magento Community

chisht

Total Posts:  1

Hi, you can contact me, I have done this field, expect to receive a reply.
The ones I’ve tried like:
tai game cho dien thoai tai game iwin tai game than nong
thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community