Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

BUG: Can’t update attribute

Brady
Guru

Total Posts:  330
Orange County, CA

I created an Attribute called “Materials” that is a drop down list featuring the materials available when creating a product.  When I try to add a new material, I receive the following error:

SQLSTATE[21000]Cardinality violation1241 Operand should contain 1 column(s)

Hosting Setup:
MediaTemple Grid Server
PHP 5.2.5
MySQL 4.1.11

Image Attachments
Picture 1.pngPicture 2.png

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dan_w

Total Posts:  290

Odd thing indeed...I just created a similar type of attribute and received the same error. Mine went away by deleting /var/cache. From reading in other threads it seems that this can happen. Don’t know if you have cache enabled. I didn’t and this still did the trick.

Dan

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brady
Guru

Orange County, CA

I DO have cache enabled.  I’ll disable and see if that helps.  Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brady
Guru

Orange County, CA

I just cleared & disabled my cache (through Admin, not by deleting directory /var/cache), logged out of my Admin (did not close my browser), and I still can not update Attributes or Polls (Polls Problem I am having)

Is this a known bug?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brady
Guru

Orange County, CA

UPDATE: Just tried disabled cache in the Admin, removing var/cache and var/session completely, logged out of browser and I’m still getting the the same error.

Anybody else able to update the attributes?

ON THE POSITIVE NOTE, with the cache disabled, the entire Admin section seems MUCH snappier.

HOSTING:
MediaTemple GS

Magento Community
Magento Community

ulterior

Total Posts:  3

Hi, I am having this problem also, and am on the same hosting system as the first poster.

Its a pretty crippling bug for us, hopefully a solution or work-around can be found quickly.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community