Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Release a PSD of all buttons? 

Roy Andre

Total Posts:  209

Is it possible to release a Photoshop PSD (or whatever you’ve used) of the buttons used in Magento so that we can “translate” them into each native languague? A ZIP with the PSD included, located in the Download-section would be magnificento! :D

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

iblastoff

Total Posts:  252

the majority of the ‘buttons’ are just text with css styling...i just find it odd why “place order” and “proceed to checkout” buttons are actual images when they could just be done with text/css as well (plain sans-serif text on top of your typical ‘web 2.0’ round corner/gradient background img)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

I was wondering the same thing. As a designer, it should be easy to update the look of buttons with CSS by editing one (maybe two) images.

Magento Community
Magento Community

YoavKutner
Guru

Total Posts:  491

We understand the need for both CSS buttons and image buttons - so we will support both for different language per design package.

More details will follow when we finalize this.

Thanks

yoav

Magento Community
Magento Community

randomutterings

Total Posts:  19

I want to add a onmousedown image to the search form submit button.  My problem is that I don’t know how to access the down image directly.  Magento uses php functions to get the images so I don’t know the url to the image in my custom theme.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Roy Andre

Total Posts:  209

ohminu - 18 September 2007 03:10 PM

Hello everyone smile

Thanks for your input - In response, I went ahead and created a Wiki post here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/Creating-CSS-buttons-vs-Image-buttons/

The pages in the current default theme that contain image buttons are the “Place Order” and “Proceed to Checkout”. These buttons were created using images to demonstrate the flexibility of Magento in regards to adopting both image and css buttons. Some designers will prefer image buttons, others will the CSS ones. Hopefully the wiki post will answer your questions. Thank you-

I dont think what wiki-post is relevant to the v1.0 as it seems to me you’ve implemented this as a default feature in the production version.

However, maybe its relevant to people wanting to use plain image-buttons.

Magento Community
Magento Community

porterhouse

Total Posts:  27

Just to re-iterate what aFFi requested, it would be great to have the stock images available high-res.  Just starting our design, so the ones specificially that we’ve come across so far are:

btn_mini_search.gif
mini_search_bg.gif

We can re-create them, but if you’ve got them somewhere, it would sure save time.

thanks.

Magento Community
Magento Community

XPSM1730

Total Posts:  70

ohminu - 18 September 2007 03:10 PM

Hello everyone smile

Thanks for your input - In response, I went ahead and created a Wiki post here: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/Creating-CSS-buttons-vs-Image-buttons/

The pages in the current default theme that contain image buttons are the “Place Order” and “Proceed to Checkout”. These buttons were created using images to demonstrate the flexibility of Magento in regards to adopting both image and css buttons. Some designers will prefer image buttons, others will the CSS ones. Hopefully the wiki post will answer your questions. Thank you-

That wikipost is outdated. Is there any other solution to change the image buttons into css buttons? Or maybe release a PSD file so we can translate the buttons into diffferent languages?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community