Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Installation Problem - can’t get past DB install

dbabaev

Total Posts:  83

Hi Guys,

So I’ve been trying to install Magento for the past couple of days but can’t get past MySQL DB install - the last step. I attached the page I get before it re-directs to a 404 error.

Here are my server specs:

Host: HostDime
Apache version 1.3.41 (Unix)
PHP version 5.2.5
MySQL version 5.0.45-community
Architecture x86_64
Operating system Linux
Shared Ip Address 66.7.203.122
Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
Path to PERL /usr/bin/perl
Kernel version 2.6.9-55.0.9.ELsmp

See my PHP info here: http://babaev.com/info.php

Magento Install: http://babaev.com/magento

File Attachments
Error.txt  (File Size: 36KB - Downloads: 534)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial Web Host
Guru

Total Posts:  364
Phoenix, AZ

Hello,

The error indicates that these database tables were created already, likely from a previously failed install.

If this is a new install - just try to start over.  Delete the current database and create a new one, then go through the installer again.  The clean db should not throw this error again unless something else is at issue.  A new db would be the quickest way to test it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

dbabaev

Total Posts:  83

i tried with a new fresh DB several times. when DB is being installed the Error screen flashes and I get redirected to the 404 :( So i have very little time to copy the DB error after a fresh install. Any thoughts, guys?

Magento Community
Magento Community

beau

Total Posts:  50

This sounds like the problem I was having. When you hit the error screen, hit your escape button and it’ll stop the redirect.

I was trying to install 1.0 into a DB that already had 0.81 in there. I was using a different tables prefix, but the installer doesn’t use the prefixes. In the end, my host’s support staff created a completely new db for 1.0 and it installed fine and I haven’t had any problems since then. They suggested that I could have deleted everything in the previous DB and run an install, but I didn’t want to lose any data in the beta version… kind of a catch22.

Everytime I posted the problem here, I don’t think I mentioned that I was installing into the same DB, because I figured the table prefix would fix that problem. Alas, I was wrong.

Magento Community
Magento Community

hydro

Total Posts:  28

dbabaev - 04 April 2008 10:33 AM

i tried with a new fresh DB several times. when DB is being installed the Error screen flashes and I get redirected to the 404 :( So i have very little time to copy the DB error after a fresh install. Any thoughts, guys?

do you choose for a table prefix when you install? If yes, try without setting a prefix.

Magento Community
Magento Community

viepie

Total Posts:  9
Belgium - Europe

I also have the same problem…
I’ve tried everything, new DB’s, other names, prefixes...etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community