Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Top Links

alistek

Total Posts:  293
Normal, IL

These are all the places that the top links live in the layout files.  If you would not like them to appear this is an easy way to comment out individual ones.

TopLinks
-------------
layout/checkout.xml
Cart Link
Checkout Link

layout/customer.xml
My Account (If currently logged in)
Log Out (If currently logged in)

layout/wishlist.xml
Wishlist

-Adam

I decided to just keep adding on as I find where all of these various links live in the Layout files.  I will keep adding as the day goes on.  Keep in mind the easiest way to get rid of these is to do an html/xml comment so that if you would like to re-enable them later it is not a big deal to just un-comment the lines.  If you look at the source after commenting them out they do not even show up in the source (i.e. just hidden) so it keeps the page clean also.

TopSearch
---------------
Look for <reference name="header">

layout/catalogsearch.xml
Top Search

Welcome Message
--------------------------
page/html/header.phtml
Welcome Message

Comment out the code:
<strong><?php echo $this->htmlEscape($this->getWelcome()) ?></strong><br/>

Footer Links
-----------------
Look for <reference name="footer_links"> and comment out the addLink method.

layout/contacts.xml
Contacts (If enabled)
layout/catalog.xml
Site Map
layout/catalogsearch.xml
Search Terms (If enabled)
Advanced Search
layout/rss.xml
RSS (If enabled)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community