Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can i sell online stores that use magento? 

neil_ross

Total Posts:  16

Hi All,

ive had a search about but thought i would ask the question here.

a friend and i are getting along well with magento and we have built a few sites, either for ourselves or friends etc, anyway, what im thinking is that we actually start to charge for this and it would be nice to be able to build some online stores for people using magento. Is this possible, i want to make sure we do it all legally.

if this is possible how much should you charge for a standard magento setup with approx 500 products, some good graphic work (currently using ps cs4) and some basic seo?

i appreciate this is a pretty open ended question but any help that you could all provide would be greatly appreciated. smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

J_T_
Mentor

Total Posts:  1961
London-ish, UK

Sounds like you’ve never read the actual licenses.

But yes, you can charge for your services. You can even charge for the code and any modifications. You just can’t claim ownership.

How much to charge is like how long is a piece of string. You’ll have to find your own balance of demand and supply for your particular market.

Magento Community
Magento Community

neil_ross

Total Posts:  16

Cheers for that mate. I will have a read through.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ecommerce2001

Total Posts:  35

Can i use magento license software on multiple system, will i got any error or restriction?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community