Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Problems Installing on Xampp

brink668

Total Posts:  7

I keep trying to get this to work with Xampp but, I keep getting the following errors belows.  I have read a lot of tutorials and guides but none seem to work.  Yes, I can get this to work on my host but for testing purposes it would be easier to make this work on my computer.  If anyone can redirect me on what I need to get this to work on Xampp that would be greatly appreciated.

o PHP Extension “pdo_mysql” must be loaded
o PHP Extension “mcrypt” must be loaded
o PHP Extension “curl” must be loaded

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Airforce111

Total Posts:  100

I have no experiences running it via XAMPP but the messages above means that your environment doesn’t have the PHP extensions pdo_mysql, mycrypt and curl installed. Therefore, within your web server environment, you’ll need to enable those extensions. Hope that gives you somewhere to start. smile Maybe somebody who knows this particular environment can help ya further with instructions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial Web Host
Guru

Total Posts:  364
Phoenix, AZ

Hello,

The following URL contains a PDF with detailed instructions for setting up Magento on Xampp and loading up the required (_missing_) modules.

http://ainove.com/docs/Magento_Installation.pdf

I hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

brink668

thanks, but ive used that PDF to change those settings and to load up those extensions and I still get that.

Anyone else have any other guides?  Is there a better way than using XAMPP for My Computer (as i said I don’t want to put it on the hosting server)

Magento Community
Magento Community

brink668

SOLVED after multiple attempts a few complete re makes of entire installation my old appserv was causing the problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mike Smullin

Total Posts:  23
Eagle Mountain, Utah

See also: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/3014/

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community