Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

oscommerce import script stall for eternity during product/category import. Customers runs ok. 

nabuhonodozor

Total Posts:  51

Hi,
I am trying to import around 300 products from my present store. After configuring ocs import profile I am able to import orders and customers. I cannot import categories nor products. Whole process hang diplaying “Importing...” message. I run process for hours but nothing changed - no products are imported. Ive tried to import only products or categories but to no success.
Ive copied my present shop to the same server where magento resides but still no go. Anybody have an idea?
{edited} - I found that everytime this scripts works it create another website so after few trials I had 11 websites out of two.

Best regards,
Piotr

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

play2game

Total Posts:  8

i have the same problem. Please let me know if you find the solution. I have plenty of add-ons in my oscommerce, i wonder if its that.
do you have any add-ons?

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

nabuhonodozor

Total Posts:  51

Oh Yes, I shouldnt call my shop oscommerce anymore wink
Ive completly modified core files but as for database I ve tried to remain the structure same like stock oscommerce. AnywayAfter few days playing with is I start to create product by hand. Yes, its painfull but I have around 300 products which I had to update anyway so its good opportunity to do so.
As for any advice for You - try use dataflow.
1. Export product from osc using easy populate.
2. Than export some sample product from magento to get csv with proper structure.
3. Open both csv in excel/openoffice.
4. in magento file - first row is for choosing proper shop view so you need to change “default” with store code
5. You cannot import both language at one so procedure had to be repeated for every storeview
6 . remember to put different sku
7. Put product images in root level of the folder where magento store product pictures and pictures will be imported. In csf file puf / in fromt of picture file name.
best , piotr

Magento Community
Magento Community

dgmsolutions

Total Posts:  8

Hi all,
Doing an import from my osc store.  So far, products and categories went fine.  What seems to be taking an eternity (running over 12 hours now) is customers. 

I have over 8700 and it still says 0% processed after 12+ hours.  Wondering if anyone has any ideas?

See screenshot attached.

Thanks!

Image Attachments
image2.jpg

Magento Community
Magento Community

R22B

Total Posts:  76

Can you check the database and see if any customers are actually being added?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community