Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Magento really casuing me problems. 

kieranfivestars

Total Posts:  10

Hello

Really having some problem with Magento, its very complicated as it is, but now it has just flipped and shown me errors on the home page, so I am now blocked out of the backed and front end, nothing is accessible.

Obviously I have spent hours googleing the problem but nothing.

What I did was I went into the cache management and disabled everything, purely because the magento theme bluescale I was using wasn’t adapting the css so It thought this would refresh the cache or whatever.

I really need some help here as its for a customer and it was great but now the whole thing jsut shows an error, and like I said I cant acces the backend, all I have is the FTP to work from.

The site: vaper-mon(dot)com

- And this happened before once when i changed something else, so this is the second time it has happened and before I just started from scratch, Id dont want to do that again :/

Please help! Thank you in advanced.

Kieran

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NELAGeek

Total Posts:  193
US

What does the exception report say? FTP to /var/report/[report number]

Magento Community
Magento Community

kieranfivestars

Well there is a list of 37 numbers?

Magento Community
Magento Community

kieranfivestars

Oh, I opened two and they’re the same so im guessing they all are:

a:4:{i:0;s:107:"SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)";i:1;s:2412:"#0 /home/vaper/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(96): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect()
#1 /home/vaper/public_html/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(313): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect()
#2 /home/vaper/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(459): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->_connect()
#3 /home/vaper/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(238): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(’SET NAMES utf8’, Array)
#4 /home/vaper/public_html/lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(419): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(’SET NAMES utf8’, Array)
#5 /home/vaper/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource.php(169): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(’SET NAMES utf8’)
#6 /home/vaper/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource.php(110): Mage_Core_Model_Resource->_newConnection(’pdo_mysql’, Object(Mage_Core_Model_Config_Element))
#7 /home/vaper/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Abstract.php(320): Mage_Core_Model_Resource->getConnection(’core_write’)
#8 /home/vaper/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Abstract.php(350): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Abstract->_getConnection(’write’)
#9 /home/vaper/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Db/Abstract.php(335): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Abstract->_getWriteAdapter()
#10 /home/vaper/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Cache.php(53): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Db_Abstract->_getReadAdapter()
#11 /home/vaper/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Cache.php(455): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Cache->getAllOptions()
#12 /home/vaper/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Cache.php(497): Mage_Core_Model_Cache->_initOptions()
#13 /home/vaper/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1183): Mage_Core_Model_Cache->canUse(’config’)
#14 /home/vaper/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(414): Mage_Core_Model_App->useCache(’config’)
#15 /home/vaper/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(294): Mage_Core_Model_Config->_canUseCacheForInit()
#16 /home/vaper/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(413): Mage_Core_Model_Config->loadModulesCache()
#17 /home/vaper/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(343): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#18 /home/vaper/public_html/app/Mage.php(683): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#19 /home/vaper/public_html/index.php(87): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#20 {main}”;s:3:"url”;s:69:"/index.php/admin/cms_page/index/key/4b5f4e9f7e1c87adab97d4621efe85d1/”;s:11:"script_name”;s:10:"/index.php";}

Thank you for your reply

Magento Community
Magento Community

chiefair
Mentor

Total Posts:  1848

This is a server administration issue, low level and not Magento.

“SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’

The MySQL database server has died for some reason and is unreachable.

Contact your hosting provider and have them find out why the service is A) dead and B) if it has errors on restart.

If this is a resource depleted shared-server web hosting account configured to be fair to all the other sites hosted on the server at the expense of allowing Magento to run, expect more of this in future.

Magento Community
Magento Community

S Macfarlane

Total Posts:  53
Southampton

As above if these are indeed the most recent reports out of the 37 then you may have a problem connecting to your database.
Is this on shared or dedicated hosting and what sort of access do you have to the server?

Stuart

Magento Community
Magento Community

kieranfivestars

I am the host, I have complete access, how can the MySql suddenly drop? I’m sorry but usually I work with Wordpress, how can magento suddenly come up with a bunch of errors like this?

What should I do to get this back up the way it was?

Magento Community
Magento Community

NELAGeek

Total Posts:  193
US

Not a Magento issue.  Your SQL database isn’t running or it’s having issues with clients connecting.  Even Wordpress would have an issue with that.

This is a nice utility to give you a printout of the most connections, most ram, etc. used.  It’ll tell you if you are getting more traffic to your site than your setup to handle with SQL.

http://hackmysql.com/mysqlreport

Magento Community
Magento Community

kieranfivestars

Hmm I’m still not sure what to do :/

and that looks confusing

Magento Community
Magento Community

S Macfarlane

Southampton

Hi Kieran,

What you need to do is first view the latest error report, the number generated just before I typed this reply is /var/report/689326505433
If the contents of this file state it has an error connecting to the MySQL database then the only thing I can tell you to do without digging deeper is restart your MySQL database.

How you restart it is really going to depend on what control panel you are using (if any) and how much knowledge you have of using SSH to manage your dedicated server.

I’d be happy to assist you further but feel it might be easier doing this via a screen sharing session rather than going back and fourth.

Stuart

Magento Community
Magento Community

kieranfivestars

Hello

Thank you for your reply, I use ICUK, so should I drop the MySql database and add a new one?

Thanks

Kieran

Magento Community
Magento Community

S Macfarlane

Southampton

You shouldn’t need to drop the database if it was working correctly before. Check the log file I mentioned above and if the contents complains of error connecting to MySQL then you have a SQL server problem and should consider restarting MySQL or asking ICUK to do this for you.

Stuart

Magento Community
Magento Community

kieranfivestars

Oh right so ask them to restart the MySql database for that website? or just MySql in general?

Thanks again

Kieran

Magento Community
Magento Community

kieranfivestars

This is the top line on the error file:

a:4:{i:0;s:107:"SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)";i:1;s:2412:"#0 /home/vaper/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php(96): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->_connect()

Magento Community
Magento Community

S Macfarlane

Southampton

So based on that error you have one of two possible causes:

1. MySQL is not running or has crashed on your server and you need to ask your web host to check it and or restart it.
2. You are using the incorrect connection details in your /etc/local.xml file.

Stuart

Magento Community
Magento Community

kieranfivestars

Oh right, well the first option should be easy if I just give them a ring, the second option, what needs yo be displayed there?

Thanks

Kieran

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2