Magento Forum

Applying a discount to grouped products

lizlux

Total Posts:  40

I’m wondering if there’s a way to configure a grouped product so that if you purchase all the items in the group you get them at a lower price.  I’m selling MP3’s in my store, and I’d like to be able to list all the songs in an album so that they can be purchased and downloaded individually, but i’d like to provide the option to purchase the whole album for a price less than the sum of all the song prices.

Does Magento offer a way to do this?

I’ve tried enabling the price and tier price attributes for grouped products, but i can see why they aren’t enabled by default, because they don’t actually affect the price in the shopping cart.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magentoassist
Guru

Total Posts:  528

You could definitely do this with a shopping cart rule…

Magento Community
Magento Community

celings

Total Posts:  19

I am interested in something like this also 10% off if you purchase all the items

Magento Community
Magento Community

xmivite
Guru

Total Posts:  347

i am noob here - i really dont have a clue - but i think you could work around this by bundling a product first - and then.. assigning it to your group - you could - call it Buy Everything 10% off .. or sometthing..  - anyhow its just a thought - but knowing what i know about magento now - i guess there is some reason this is not possible - too many what ifs = that has varian paralyzed. instead of just doing something simple - like everyone else- - they have way over complicated something to try to account for everything but they really missed the boat.. and they cut the nads off a lot of common users trying to account for some really obscure product management situations- i stand by this statement…

another thought, perhaps - you could just assign the bundle as a related product - that might work well too.. but - again—you know , mage.. , you probably cant assign a bundle as a related product - because ..... they will find some small obscurity again that will never come up in real life to tell you the whole thing will break… if .... the product was over 10$ but less than 20$ and there was 6 more things that started with the letter “A” and it was on wednesday afternoon before midnight. and it was raining and the user was logged in because thier account had a previous purchase where the single prices weren’t equal to the new invoice—or something to that effect..... ---- that is why you cant do simple stuff here… that people might and would likely use.....

Magento Community
Magento Community

Indianbrain

Total Posts:  21

Hi,

I am also having the same problem, please help!!

I have to apply discount on the grouped product but in magento ver 1.5.1 there is no such facility to apply discount either on catalog price rules or shopping cart price rules.

please help!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adam Moss

Total Posts:  248
Birmingham, UK

I was hoping to do something similar - basically a bunch of tins of paint in my shop are sold at standard prices, however if you purchase them in a grouped product and it equals 100 litres or more you get a discount.

I think this would have to do with the quantity in the cart - for example each simple product would be 1 litre, so the quantity you put in reflects how many litres you’re buying.

Think I’m gonna have to play around with a grouped product and see what I can get working.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3769

Looks like all you need is to add a SKU condition (SKU contains “bundle-id") and add a discount for carts over say, 10 items.  No extensions or custom development needed.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PieterC

Total Posts:  19
Belgium

Hello,
If you are looking for a functionality to bundle products and give them a discount, check out our Module we just released:
Magento Promoset Module

We are not yet supporting downloadable products, but for simple product this can be a solution.
You also got a upsell relation towards your promoset on the detail page of a simple product.

Hopefully this gives some solutions,
Greets,

Pieter

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jongosi

Total Posts:  15

This can be achieved by applying a shopping cart price rule:

Go to Admin > Promotions > Shopping Cart Price Rules and apply the following ruleset under Conditions.

If ALL of these conditions are TRUE :
If an item is FOUND in the cart with ALL of these conditions true:
SKU is one of 001,002,003
Total Items Quantity equals or greater than 2

Leave the Actions section blank, ie:  If ALL of these conditions are TRUE :

Hope it helps,
Jongosi

Image Attachments
Screen shot 2013-08-20 at 12.46.56.png

Magento Community
Magento Community