Magento Forum

SSL and menu.js

dkdesig

Total Posts:  19

Hello everyone,

I’m having a problem with calling ‘menu.js’ on an SSL -based page. I get a security warning. I’m assuming it’s because the call is pulling the file from http? Anyway I’ve searched high and low and just can’t seem to find the file where menu.js is called to make any edits. Does anyone know where it is?

thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

dkdesig

Total Posts:  19

I just couldn’t understand why the lock displayed poorly on my firefox when IE and Safari were working fine. Usually it’s IE that’s the problem! Anyway after a second wind and scouring through my files i came across “top.phtml” (app/design/frontend/default/MYTHEMEFOLDER/template/catalog/navigation).

This file calls menu.js through some php: <script type="text/javascript" src="<?php echo $this->getSkinUrl('js/menu.js') ?>"></script>

I thought that maybe the “getSkinUrl” might be the problem, so I got rid of the php part and just hard coded the filepath like this: src="/shop/skin/frontend/default/theme058/js/menu.js"

When I first refreshed a secure page the lock showed no change, I was bummed. However, a few hours later when I revisited the site, the lock displayed just fine with no errors. (I’m thinking the results might have been delayed because I didn’t clear out my var/cache folder after I made the initial change. Well either by coincidence or not, this seems to have fixed the problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Adrian UK

Total Posts:  30

THANK YOU SO MUCH dkdesig!!!

You are an absolute legend, I have been trying to fix this for months and the funny part is I think we have bought the same theme smile

I made the change above as I was struggling with the same line of code, refreshed the CACHE and BINGO!!!

THANKS AGAIN!!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community