Magento Forum

Page 2 of 8
Import/Export orders? 

the311guy

Total Posts:  120

I am excited for this order exporter.  Will it export orders to a csv file?  I’m also looking to export all orders “since last export” so that we can easily download orders that need to be shipped.  Will this be implemented?

Looking forward to it.  Thanks for the awesome effort!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

VisualFrames

Total Posts:  230
New York, NY

so far we have it export all order and we give you the choice to enter a date range. Via automation we can make it export automatically orders since last export… We are implementing this for our clients who request this feature.

Magento Community
Magento Community

the311guy

Total Posts:  120

Can I be a client, and can I request this feature? haha.

Magento Community
Magento Community

VisualFrames

New York, NY

lol Sure you can become a client of ours.. feel free to contact us at magento (at) visualframes.com or sales (at) ecommerce-themes.com with your project details.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nicolas46

Total Posts:  210
Toulouse

I guest your client gone work on the order with his ERP; for exemple I will invoice them or cancelled or send....

In order to have a right information on “My account” page of yours customers, i assume you gone import your order with the new data, isn’t it ?, can you give us more informations on that please.

Magento Community
Magento Community

nicolas46

Total Posts:  210
Toulouse

i have the PHP|Architect book aswell and I am trying to implement the “hello world “ sample (at the begin of chapter 10)
I just copy/paste the code in the right file but all I get is a 404 page >:-(

app/etc/modules/Company.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<config>
    <
modules>    
        <
Company_AdminRest>
            <
active>true</active>
            <
codePool>local</codePool>
        </
Company_AdminRest>
    </
modules>
</
config>

app/code/local/Company/AdminRest/config.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<config>
    <
modules>
        <
Company_AdminRest>
        <
version>0.6.0</version>
        </
Company_AdminRest>
    </
modules>
    <
admin>
        <
routers>
            <
adminrest>
                <use>
admin</use>
                <
args>
                    <
module>Company_AdminRest</module>
                    <
frontName>adminrest</frontName>
                </
args>
            </
adminrest>
        </
routers>
    </
admin>
</
config>

app/code/local/Company/AdminRest/controllers/IndexController.php :

<?php
class Company_AdminRest_IndexController

extends Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action
{

public function indexAction()

{

echo "Hello, World.";

}
}

...../magento/index.php/adminrest -->404 !!

What am i doing wrong please ?

[update]

Solved (i don’t know why but it’s working now so...)

Magento Community
Magento Community

VisualFrames

New York, NY

Many of you have expressed their interest in having a fully working order export module. However while many of you had different requirements for their order export module, many did not have a big budget for such a development initiative. So this is what we came up with.

We have just launched a development initiative to add more features to our current order export module and to package it up as a Magento module.
We ask that those of you who are interested in receiving this module donate to this initiative. The sooner you act the sooner we can get this module out to you.

If each of you donate about $1000 and with 20+ donations, we should be able to get something decent ready in the next few weeks. We have created this donation as a product item in our store for convenience. Your will need to checkout through Google checkout.  In order to donate please visit http://www.ecommerce-themes.com/community

After making your donation please send us and email with your features/requirements with respect to the order export module. We hope this will help everyone and we look forward to getting this module finally released to you.

Best,
Visual Frames
magento (at) visualframes.com
support (at) ecommerce-themes.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

freshwebs

Total Posts:  152
Leicestershire, UK

Seems a little bit pricey to me. Also, there’s no guarantee that if I did donate that you’d get the $20k required to develop the module & deliver it to us all. Seems too risky a punt at the moment.
Don’t let me put others off tho’.
Eddie

Magento Community
Magento Community

porterhouse

Total Posts:  27

yeah, would need to be some agreement about getting money back if you couldn’t meet the threshhold and a statement of work outlining expectations.

Magento Community
Magento Community

VisualFrames

New York, NY

@freshwebservices
You reply is understandable. We are doing this for those who are interested and need this piece for their store. We need more feedback like this. If you guys think that we should bring down the donation to say $500 let us know. At the end of the day if there is money we can develop. If there is none you can keep waiting and you will probably be waiting for a long time…

@porterhouse
Your comment seems like a good idea. We can draft some kind of agreement and wait until we reach a certain threshold before diving into the code. This way if the threshold is not met then we can refund everyone’s donation.

Please leave more feedback so we can adjust things accordingly.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ZDOG

Total Posts:  7

20+K for an export module!

I thought this was PHP, not SAP wink

I think we’d like to hear your ideas about what you could deliver for that amount, then tweak accordingly.

If you get 40 people at $500 each and the module needs to work with everything from Quickbooks to Peachtree to SAP to Oracle to Microsoft then I’m pretty confident *everyone* will end up unsatisfied.

We’d prefer to buy a module that exports all product and customer info on a per order basis in XML that we could then parse for import into our system (SAP B1).

Magento Community
Magento Community

VisualFrames

New York, NY

This is inline with what we are thinking and this is why we suggested that everyone who donates also sends their requirements. The idea is the build a solid order export module (not just some patches) that can be used by many systems, and not be limited by funding…

Magento Community
Magento Community

dan_w

Total Posts:  290

I’m just curious about a couple of things. Is this an order export module or an integration module? Can’t say I’m very familiar with Peachtree or SAP, but I have integrated quickbooks/quickbooks pos before and generally the method was either webconnector or rds. In the past on other shopping carts people built modules that exported orders in quickbooks iif format, but I’m not sure if intuit allows iif imports anymore. I haven’t worked with it for a while. I’d be interested to know the specs of what could realistically be expected, ie choices to export orders in csv, xml, qbxml, or what have you, or is this a more seamless approach through a piece of middleware. Like I said, I’m not familiar with peachtree or microsoft or SAP, so I don’t know if they allow direct file imports for sales, but I’d be curious to know exactly what the order export module would do. I know you say you’d try to tailor it to the requests of the donors, but you certainly have to have a general framework in place.

Magento Community
Magento Community

te-brian

Total Posts:  2

To fix the problem with headers being sent, you need to exit after you are done echoing all the xml.  I also added a header() call to set the content type and echoed more appropriate doc type info before any xml.

Magento Community
Magento Community

redpen

Total Posts:  254

te-brian - 27 July 2008 01:57 PM

To fix the problem with headers being sent, you need to exit after you are done echoing all the xml.  I also added a header() call to set the content type and echoed more appropriate doc type info before any xml.

How do you use the code to view a particular order ref, and list all the items bought?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 8