Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento 1.0 Installation - SUCCESS! But how do i start? 

Online Shop

Total Posts:  21

finally, after about 3 days of figuring out how to install Magento 1.0, now i’m ready to start creating my store but still on the same dilemma from my previous magento installations, i am yet to understand the core workflow of this amazing opensource ecommerce.  My skill is in joomla site creation which also took time before i understood how it works.

Is there any documentation posted for magento beginner users?  like an idiot guide i suppose.  coming from a different platform, i am still confused on where and how to start so any help would be great. 

i plan to upload my products first once the store is ready then i can start the theme design or if there’s any other good suggestion e.g. start css theme design first before prepping up the store would be great.

anyhows, hope magento team can create step by step process of setting up the store to guide users especially that this is just a recently launched apps.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Online Shop

Total Posts:  21

i’m currently receiving this errror, help!!!!

Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Zend_Db_Statement_Exception’ with message ‘SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1017 Can’t find file: ‘core_store’ (errno: 2)’ in /home/sundry/public_html/mycart/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:238 Stack trace: #0 /home/sundry/public_html/mycart/lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php(283): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array) #1 /home/sundry/public_html/mycart/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(406): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array) #2 /home/sundry/public_html/mycart/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Abstract.php(206): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(Object(Varien_Db_Select), Array) #3 /home/sundry/public_html/mycart/lib/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(636): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query(Object(Varien_Db_Select), Array) #4 /home/sundry/public_html/mycart/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Mysql4/Abstract.php(296): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow(Object(Varien_Db_Select)) #5 /home/sundry/public_html/mycart/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php(200): Mage_Core_Model_Mysql4_Abstract->load(Object(Mage_Core_Model_Sto in /home/sundry/public_html/mycart/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php on line 238

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community