Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Bug: Dropdown menu (primary navigation) sucks in Opera

Crucial
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  770
Phoenix, AZ

You guys just love Opera don’t ya wink

Anyways, in Opera, the dropdown for the primary navigation is a pain in the ass. It constantly loses focus and takes about 10 tries to actually be able to click one of the items in the dropdown. Would be wonderful if someone could take look at this.

Thanks!

Edit: This is on the Magento site, not the software.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

Crucial,

What version of Opera are you experiencing this on? We are testing on 9.27 and cannot duplicate the problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Phoenix, AZ

Adi,

I’m on 9.26 but am upgrading to 9.27 right now. Will let you know if that did the trick. Didn’t realize a new version was out smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Phoenix, AZ

Just upgraded. Still buggy. When you hover over one of the primary nav items, and try to move your mouse down to an item in the dropdown, the majority of the time the dropdown menu disappears. I can supply a screencast to show you exactly what I mean if you need. The dropdown works fine in every other browser.

Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

We will do our best to take a look at what’s causing this issue. I can’t promise a much better functionality but we’ll try.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lotusseedsD
Mentor

Total Posts:  1144

Hi Adi, I see the problem too.

Opera renders 1 or 2 pixel differently than FF and Safari with EM unit any where in the stylesheet, it appears that the submenu layer isn’t tightly touch the bottom of the main menu - if you look closely, there is a 1px gap. I think if you move the submenu layer 1 or 2 px up that will do the trick, but then it won’t look so nice in Firefox though.

May need a CSS hack that targets Opera browser only.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Phoenix, AZ

chinesedream seems to be correct about that. I’ll take a look at the CSS tomorrow maybe (pretty busy ourselves over here) and see if I can come up with a solution. I don’t believe it’s a JavaScript issue, but a CSS one. Hopefully this can be resolved, because I have no intensions of switching to an inferior browser wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

ikuzyk
Magento Team

Total Posts:  60
Ternopil, Ukraine

can you check it now?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial
Enthusiast

Phoenix, AZ

Oh yeah, it’s fixed now smile Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Dewdan

Total Posts:  31

Well I do have that same problem with latest Firefox, there is a tiny empty space between the navigation and the drop down menu, so I have to move mouse VERY fast other wise if i go slowly it just close the drop down.
Same in ADMIN

Magento Community
Magento Community

KWAVE

Total Posts:  53
Boston

What did you do to the css to fix this issue. I have having the same issue in FF and IE.

Magento Community
Magento Community

KWAVE

Total Posts:  53
Boston

KWAVE - 08 January 2010 10:47 AM

What did you do to the css to fix this issue. I have having the same issue in FF and IE.

Not really sure how I did it but I fixed it. It is all related to the height of the navigation and the <li> within the nav. I added some css to the nav a and the li and it fixed it.

Magento needs to add the correct padding to the default nav to fix this. It’s an issue throughout all browsers until you fix it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagiC [Bl00dNinJA]

Total Posts:  2

Hey, I cant understand WTF is going on?! Why this issue is not fixed yet, more than one year?!
I have two suggestions: 1st U dont like Opera or 2nd U dont know how to fix this BUG. Anyway this its yours sucks, speaking russian ЭТО ПОЛНЫЙ ПИЗДЕЦ!  wink

ISSUE:
I try to LogIn using Opera build 10.50, and I cant because I have this: http://clip2net.com/clip/m9285/1270203903-clip-307kb.jpg

FIX:
This Bug must be fixed in CSS, Its so lazy to explain why it works so bad, just use styles like this for e.x.:

.top-links { float:rightfont-weight:600position:relativez-index:22}
.top-links li {floatleftpadding0 7pxmargin-top5px;/*Make margins using line-height this is original shit! It makes me laugh :-)*/
.top-links .member-menu, .login-menu {margin-top0;}
.member-menu, .login-menu {border1px solid #bfbfbf; background: White; position: absolute; z-index: 12;}
And finally for #nav poroperty z-index: must be 10:
#nav { /*Dont forget other properties!*/ z-index:10;}

It should works fine! And I suppose U fix this BUG shortly!

PS
Служба поддержки у вас - говно! И от форума нет никакого толка... smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagiC [Bl00dNinJA]

Total Posts:  2

I supposed that for Opera 11 Release U can fix this awesome BUG, but Magento is so senseless and so merciless (сиречь бессмысленный и беспощадный)..

And now we are glad to present same MagentoSUCKS in opera 11:

I’am LINK, PRESS ME!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community