Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PayPal not reciving correct ammount after coupon is used. 

woody24

Total Posts:  19

I just launched my site using magento, and currently have a promo for 20% off your order of $19.99 or more with free shipping. I had an order come through that was not the correct ammount. Before discount, there order total was $21.00. But I recieved notice from PayPal that I have recieved payment for $12.60.

I go in to look at my orders in my backend and see that it shows $16.80 as the total, which is correct. But it also has the message “Order total amount does not match paypal gross total amount” under comments history.

So I did a test of the exact same order, and when I get to PayPals site, it only wants me to pay $12.60, instead of the correct $16.80. Which doesn’t make since because 20% off of $16.80 is not $12.60.

Anyone know where this can be going wrong at? Everything looks fine on my end until you get to PayPal. And when a coupon is not used, the order total is correct. So it has to be with the way the coupon is set up. But didn’t see anything that showed that it would also be passed onto PayPal.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

woody24

Total Posts:  19

Its 40%. So why would my end of the shopping cart show the correct discount, but when it gets to PayPal, it doubles the discount? Also did a test, and the correct ammount gets passed to Google Checkout. Its something with PayPal. I just can’t find anything that would give this problem.

Magento Community
Magento Community

malhyp

Total Posts:  35

Was this resolved? We are having the same problem with a 10% Voucher which deduces once while checking out and again as it goes to paypal.

Magento Community
Magento Community

DanChristensen

Total Posts:  3

I am having this problem.  If someones orders any number of different products the calculation is correct, but if they order two or more of the same product with a coupon, the discount is doubled on paypal.

Was this ever fixed with the upgrade to 1.4.2?

I have not yet had the pleasure of completing my upgrade.  I\\\’m still using 1.3.2.4

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community