Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Zend Framework version 0.9??? 

howellnick

Total Posts:  13

Roy said in comments of a blog post that Magento would be using the latest version of the Zend Framework which *should* be 1.0.1 and not 0.9beta as it seems is included in the current download.

Just curious, why the change? Did the ViewRenderer in 1.0.0 mess up Magento? And will Magento ever use the latest version of Zend Framework?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

Hmm… you probably saw the Zend.php file. It wasn’t recently updated because it’s somewhat deprecated. But Zend/ folder itself is svn external which means it’s the latest update.

Magento Community
Magento Community

howellnick

Ahh, you are correct (it is version 1.0.0). I only looked at the Zend.php and that led me to assume 0.9…

I don’t mean to be a nitpick, but that isn’t the latest version either (that would be 1.0.1) wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

Moshe
Magento Team

Total Posts:  1770
Los Angeles

As you can see the last changed date on Zend lib is 2007-08-30 , so i’m not sure what’s the version is, but i’m sure it’s the latest one smile

~/dev/magento/lib/Zend $ svn info
Path: .
URL: http://framework.zend.com/svn/framework/trunk/library/Zend
Repository Root: http://framework.zend.com/svn/framework
Repository UUID: 44c647ce-9c0f-0410-b52a-842ac1e357ba
Revision: 6234
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: alexander
Last Changed Rev: 6228
Last Changed Date: 2007-08-30 08:31:39 -0700 (Thu, 30 Aug 2007)

Magento Community
Magento Community

howellnick

Corrected once again.. lol

Magento is indeed using the latest checkout. What threw me off was the “1.0.0” in Version.php… I wonder why ZF hasn’t updated that file.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community