Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I get my product file into Magento (tearing hair out)

kelbyuk

Total Posts:  13

I’ve uploaded my csv file
I’ve created a profile
I’ve mapped the fields to the columns

running the profile I get this and nothing else.. 

* Starting profile execution, please wait…
* Warning: Please don’t close window during importing/exporting data

* Starting Mage_Dataflow_Model_Convert_Parser_Csv :: parse
* Found 523 rows
* Starting catalog/convert_adapter_product :: saveRow

I left the laptop on overnight and nothing happened.

Anyone know what I can do to make this work?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

v2uk

Total Posts:  64

check ya database, see if anythings in there, your prolly missing the shop id bit

Magento Community
Magento Community

srinigenie
Guru

Total Posts:  539

@kelbyuk which version are you using....IN v1.0, you get the status (% uploaded) with every record uploaded from your CSV. And by my attempts, your 500 records should take around 30 minutes

Magento Community
Magento Community

kelbyuk

I havent at the moment got a shop column in my csv, what value do I put in for the default store?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanb

Total Posts:  91

You need to put a few products in manually (just like 2 or 3) and then do an export so that you can see the correct format—however you should make sure the first collum called store is set to default. Also you will need to put a / infront of all of your image file names.

I am doing this right now and I have gotten everything to import, but I am getting a php error with the images. I am going to try modifying the php code as suggested elsewhere in this forum (http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5120/) to fix that problem.

Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

kelbyuk

I added the store in column 1 made all the row 1 values the same as the magento ones and tried uploading.. nothing much happened like above.

Added a couple of products manually, exported the product data as csv. on viewing it I can see a replica of the file I uploaded.

I’m still tearing my hair out lol Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

winans_fred

Total Posts:  83

i think you’ll find this thread useful: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/5088/#t19792

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community