Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Singlefeed Export for all Major Shopping Engines

Jason A

Total Posts:  7

It would be really nice to have a singlefeed export module built. http://www.singlefeed.com is a really good data feed optimization service that takes a single product feed then optimizes, catergorizes and submits all of your products to every major Shopping Engine automaticly once a day.

Google Base
Shopzilla
Smarter
Thefind.com
Pricegrabber
Pronto
Nextag
Become
Shopping.com
SortPrice

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

manolodf

Total Posts:  56
Dallas, TX / Hong Kong

I would Highly Highly like to see something like this, they are great tools, I think you have all the bases covered too, yahoo shopping, bizrate etc would be good to add.  The automatic update is also a really cool feature that would be great to have.  Or at least any time a modification is made to a product/category when its done schedule or trigger a feed update at the end of that day. I would have to say most everyone updates something at least once every 30 days right?

Magento Community
Magento Community

leonardaustin

Total Posts:  3

This would be a great feature to have.

Magento Community
Magento Community

skyhigh

Total Posts:  1

I’d also love support for these services, especially Shopzilla (Bizrate), I think it would really add to Magento’s current range of features and help it appeal to more users.

[I only recently stumbled across Magneto, having usually used X, Cubecart or OSCommerc!]]

Magento Community
Magento Community

karynn

Total Posts:  70

Yes, this feature would be great!

Magento Community
Magento Community

karynn

Total Posts:  70

Has anyone tried using singlefeed with Magento??  Their website is a little lacking in information, plus links that don’t work, etc. so it makes me hesitant to even try them.

And, would it require us to change or create a custom feed? If so, does anyone know how to do that?

Thanks smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

joyously
Guru

Total Posts:  447

See this thread: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/19398/P0/ for something similar

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanSF

Total Posts:  101
Greater San Francisco Bay Area

Hello Everyone!

We finally got an extension created and have had several sites test it out. Our extension is easy to use, submit your products to us in seconds not days. More information can be found at http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/712/singlefeed-export-module

Magento Community
Magento Community

donberto

Total Posts:  10

$180 a month is pretty steep considering my store… any other economical solutions...?

Magento Community
Magento Community

ryanSF

Total Posts:  101
Greater San Francisco Bay Area

donberto - Thanks for the feedback. We’ve heard this from our merchants and other potential clients, and we’re responding to the demand. This week we will be releasing a new service plan level that will be targeted specifically to merchants that want more than Google Base but can’t afford a Gold plan with all 14 engines.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hello,

you can try Product Feed. It helps to create product feeds for all major shopping engines. Currently feed templates are available for the following comparison search engines:

Shopping.com
Getprice.com
Google.com
Myshopping.com
Nextag.com
Shopmania.com

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community