Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento sending incorrect country to Paypal? 

Frank W

Total Posts:  12

Hey everyone,

We run a Canadian e-commerce store with Paypal Pro. Recently, we have had payments failing with no apparent reason. Upon calling Paypay, then told us that Magento is passing U.S. as the country when the address is Canada (and shows correctly in Magento). Response from Paypal is below.

This is just a brief review of our conversation. You called us asking for assistance with a problem your customers were experiencing while attempting to complete their payment on your website. They received a 10764 error while trying to checkout, its a very vague error that typically means you’re passing incorrect information to PayPal.

I found a couple of examples, here is one of them:
Invnum: 100000025
Date: September 9, 2009.
That transaction is passing an invalid billing country. Your code is passing “US” when it should be passing “CA”
It generated an “invalid state” error because the customers province is “SK” for Saskatchewan but its trying to find a United States state of “SK” which doesn’t exist.

However, I’m not certain if correcting that fix the problem. I would like to see the full API Request your system sends PayPal and the API Response you receive from PayPal.

Any suggestions is how to go about fixing this greatly appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

stretchr

Total Posts:  15
Georgia, USA

We’re suddenly having a problem as well. In your Magento store Paypal setup, instead of the email address for the Paypal account, we’re seeing ****** and even after correcting it, the changes won’t save. By chance are you experiencing this as well?

Thanks,
Stretchr

Magento Community
Magento Community

Frank W

Total Posts:  12

stretchr: I think that is a standard feature, where the details are not shown after being entered. I would just reenter everything, making sure there are no typos. It’s not the same issue that I’m having, as we are using Paypal Pro with API detils rather than an e-mail address.

Members of the forum:

Some assistance would be greatly appreciated on this issue. We have discovered TWO Canadian provinces (AB and QC) where the country is being passed to Paypal as US, when the address within the user’s account and Magento is definitely stored as Canada. We are checking out people in other Canadian provinces, and in the U.S. with no problem.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to start debugging this? Does anyone else have the same problem? I just don’t understand why it would work for some provinces and not for others…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community