Here is what happened.
The problem was in my .htaccess file. When i checked my error log is stated that there was an issue with “php_flag” statement. So as some posts pointed out, i had to comment out (or erase) this in the .htaccess file.
I ran into another problem when I finally got to the install screen… After selecting “I Agree” the continue button was still grayed out. I could not continue. Moshe noticed that i made a couple other modifications to the .htaccess file. So I reverted back to the default .htaccess file and commented out “php_flag” statements.
My next issue was that i didn’t direct magento to the right database… After this it has worked great! Honestly I’m a little surprised at how well it works. I’ve read other complaints about it being a little sluggish, but mine seems to work fairly fast:)