I made a tutorial to help us with importing, hopefully someone here will find it of some use!
IMPORTING IMAGES IN MAGENTO USING CSV IMPORT
In Magento 18.104.22.168 (Step 3 might not be necessary for versions past this, but just in case)
1. Create a test product with all attributes that you would like to include for your product .csv .
2. Make sure all image files are lowercase (including .jpg)
3. In “app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/Model/product.php”, on (or near) line 759 change:
public function addImageToMediaGallery($file, $mediaAttribute=null, $move=false, $exclude=true)
public function addImageToMediaGallery($file, $mediaAttribute=null, $move=false, $exclude=false)
4. Upload images to “media/import”
5. Go to: “System > Import/Export > Profiles” then click “export all products”. This will automatically output to “var/export”, so download the file from there.
6. Edit the exported .csv (I use Excel) by adding your products and attribute in the appropriate columns. Remember to put a / before the image names (as in /image1.jpg) otherwise Magento will ignore them.
7. In “System > Import/Export > Profiles”, click “Import All Products”, then click the “Upload File” tab on the left.
8. Upload your new edited .csv, then click “Save and Continue”.
9. Click the “Run Profile” tab on the left and select your .csv from the drop down list, then click “Run profile in Popup”.
10. Wait unitl the popup has finished (It will say ‘imported 1 records’ then a pause for a while before it says “Finished profile execution").
EDIT: Now including an example .csv - follow the tutorial and edit this csv according to these headers.
Example .csv -
Example .csv download