Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I change the size of where the default Logo goes on the Magento Home page? 

tonymul

Total Posts:  19

The default shape is wide and narrow and I would like to place my logo which is not as wide but longer - when I try to place it into the holder it doesnt look right - is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks
Tony

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mimimama

Total Posts:  11

tonymul - 09 September 2009 02:14 PM

The default shape is wide and narrow and I would like to place my logo which is not as wide but longer - when I try to place it into the holder it doesnt look right - is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks
Tony

I have same issue. I am using modern theme now. My logo is a round and need to be bigger, when I upload my logo, the middle part all goes down. I don’t know how to fix. Did you already fix it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jerwood

Total Posts:  42

I did this for one of my sites.

I like to use two different tools simultaneously when trying to figure out what does what files to edit in Magento.

1) I use the web developer toolbar for firefox [every developer should have this installed and use it]
2) I turn on the template path hints in Magento admin panel
a. System > Congiuration
b. Select the Main Website form the scope drop-down
c. Developer > Debug > Template Path Hints = Yes
d. Optional - Add Black Names to Hints = Yes ( I always do this)
e. Save Config

Now, go to your homepage and you will probably freak out. This adds the element names and paths to everything on your page. However, this is exactly what you need to answer your question. See, I just taught you to fish…

So, you checkout where your logo is located and update the template file that specifies the size and location of your logo.

If you are using a custom template, you can go to the skin/frontend route, but if it is something that you want to make permanent, regardless of the skin, I believe that going through the app/ design/frontend route will work just as well.

Good luck, my friend!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mimimama

Total Posts:  11

I already did what you talking about above. That is really cool. But I am a very newbie, not a developer. I still can’t fix my problem. My page still goes down because my bigger logo, and there too much empty space under the catalogue bar of the header. is anything to do with boxes.css?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community