Magento Forum

I need new hosting company that is an expert with Magento

Rob22193

Total Posts:  26

Hi,

I’m in search of a hosting company that knows Magento inside and out.  My current host is not very helpful, particularly with the following problem I have.  If you are a host (or anyone else) that can figure this out then I will strongly consider switching hosts because I’m not getting much help currently.

While exporting products from Magento, I used to receive a Maximum Execution Time Exceeded error.  Since I was on a shared hosting plan, my hosting provider required me to convert to a VPS server so that they can increase the ‘’max_execution_time” to 1200 and also increased my memory limit.  I have about 15,000 products.

Now, when I try to export, the system seems to time out exactly at 5 minutes every time.  I do not get a maximum execution time exceeded error, the only thing is that the progress bar at the bottom stops moving and says Closed.  I am able to export my customer data which completes in a few seconds; however, I cannot export any product data.

My host provider states that they have increased all of my limits to high levels and that should not be causing the problem, but I am not so sure.  It just seems coincidental that it stops exactly at 5 minutes. 

Here is a link to my info.php file if anyone has any ideas.  Thanks!

http://69.175.26.86/~nautical/info.php

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Rob22193

The purpose of the export was to update some product data and re-import that updated data.  The frontend seems to work fine on a VPS with 15,000 products, it’s only the export that is giving me problems and I think it’s some limitation setting that my current host is either unwilling to reveal or not knowledgeable enough about.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rob22193

I asked my host if there are any settings at all causing the 5 minute limit and they assured me that all of my execution settings and memory limits are on the high end.  I will certainly ask them your question and see what their response is.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rob22193

My Host’s response is “there are no such limits on the server”.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Rob22193

After further testing by my host and myself, we determined that the popup export window in the Magento backend times out after 5 minutes; however, the php script continues to run until the export is completed.  We still do not know the reason why the popup window times out, but at least the export is working, you just need to let it run for a longer time.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stauber2112

Total Posts:  2

I had the same problem. I use eLief now. They specialize in Magento and I find the customer service to be excellent.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Gate_Keeper

Total Posts:  7

try siteground

Magento Community
Magento Community

RepoUK

Total Posts:  24

Siteground have a poor reputation, I certainly would not use them.

Magento Community
Magento Community

tadwestie

Total Posts:  12

Just a note for information:  I had site ground for about 4 months.  The site was with white screens, time outs and very slow!  We had sales people tell us one thing, and when we were trying to work with these issues with technical support they would tell me that this service was NOT available.  This was EVEN after they had proof that the conversation took place between sales department and myself they never offered any compensation or consideration.  IT WAS A NIGHTMARE!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community