Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Change stock status automatically. (Solved)

Tyler Jensen

Total Posts:  55

I need to have Magento automatically update its ‘in stock’ / ‘out of stock status’. What I am looking for is, IF the inventory value is greater-than or equal to 1, set stock as :"In stock”. IF inventory value is less-than 1, set stock as: “out of stock”.

I was going to program this my self, but as I was exploring the depths of Magento’s database (table: ‘mage_cataloginventory_stock_item’ to be exact) and noticed a field called: ‘stock_status_changed_automatically’. This made me think that this function already exists. Does it?

Please let me know if you have seen such a function.

Thanks a bunch,

-Tyler

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Tyler Jensen

Total Posts:  55

It just accrued to me that this is a standard function. I don’t know what I was thinking. I am going to remove this.

-Tyler

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community