Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Integrating Magneto with another CMS

mschoening

Total Posts:  2

Hi,
first of all I would like to express my feelings towards Magneto *cuddle*. It feels so good to have a eCommerce software like this. I´m in love!
Anyways, I was wondering how hard it is to use Magneto with a CMS like Expression Engine. I would love to use Expression Engine for everything not involved directly in eCommerce. However how can I manage to have the same user base with both installations, etc.?

Thanks,
Max

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

NuBlue

Total Posts:  94
Lancaster, United Kingdom

Hi Max,

I’ve not got an answer to your question specifically, but we (http://www.nublue.co.uk) are in the Expression Engine pro network and use it exclusively as our CMS for client projects. One client in particular would like to add eCommerce functionality to their website and we intend to tie Magento into the existing site (sharing the members database) to achieve this.

I would be happy to let you know how (if smile) we achieve this once it has been completed.

Cheers
Michael

Magento Community
Magento Community

golles

Total Posts:  257

you should probably ping the varien team for advice on the integration. I believe this site is powered by expression engine and they have magento integrated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

plainspace

Total Posts:  23

Hi Michael,

Just wondering if you have anything to report about integrating EE with Magento (or vice versa.)

Thanks!

Jared

Magento Community
Magento Community

junglemason

Total Posts:  22
Portland, OR

I too am looking to use an existing user base (not EE though) in a Magento installation.  I think this type of feature is going to be pretty popular and it would be a good module to develop, if someone hasn’t already.  I anxiously await news on this and will continue digging as well…

Magento Community
Magento Community

junglemason

Total Posts:  22
Portland, OR

I would like to add, the site claims that I should use Magento because:
“Integrating third-party solutions should never be a hassle. Magento’s easy integration will help save you time and resources as you create a customized store around your business needs.”

But I have searched all day and I haven’t been able to find documentation on how to integrate Magento with anything else or where to begin on developing an integration module.  Can anyone point me to where to begin?

Much appreciated,
Rich

Magento Community
Magento Community

keyur

Total Posts:  9

would love to see an update on this as well if anyone has one. trying to architect a solution and seeing if a combo of magento/expression engine is the way to go, or a custom solution.

mainly looking to integrate the user logins.

thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tyler Jensen

Total Posts:  55

Does anyone have an update on this?

Magento Community
Magento Community

grooves1200

Total Posts:  122

it looks like this is on the way in a few weeks.

http://eecommerce.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tyler Jensen

Total Posts:  55

OMG.... thanks.... im so excited to see this.... my two favorite things combining into one.... its a good day… smile.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lele100308

Total Posts:  1

Tanks.i founf the information.than is right.

you should probably ping the varien team for advice on the integration. I believe this site is powered by expression engine and they have magento integrated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

louboutininuk18

Love is like a butterfly. It goes where it pleases and it pleases where it goes.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jenkemfort

Tyler Jensen - 17 May 2009 01:32 PM

Does anyone have an update on this?

The updates ready and will be released soon. I hope it would be far more better than this with some advanced features.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community